Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inquiry about exam results.

Options
  • 11-04-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I know it's a bit late since the January exam results were out over two months ago but I trying to add the GPA and a few things aren't making sense.

I'm a fourth year student so all subjects are worth 5 credits each. I'm a repeat student so I was doing 5 out of the six subjects.

My results were.
    Subject 1: F
    Subject 2: C
    Subject 3: F
    Subject 4: B-
    Subject 5: B

Then for the first time I did the year for other subjects
    Subject 1: F
    Subject 6: C

Subject 5 has been moved to semester 7 instead of semester 8 in previous years. So although it is a semester 7 subject it is still listed as a semester 8 result.

Anyway my grades for semester 7 is 20 credits earned and GPA of 1.38

Then for semester 8(which is just the one subject, which should be listed in semester 7) is 5 credits earned and GPA 0.75.

However, I was working out the results myself and it should be for semester 7 10 credits earned and GPA. 0.79.
    And for semester 8, 5 credits earned and GPA 0.5.

I believe that the extra credits and higher GPA may be coming from my results of subjects 1 and 6 from the first time I did it. Also the extra 0.25 might add up to a D, which might be for a year long project and is usually given as two grades at the end of the year.

So basically there are six subjects in semester 7 and four in semester 8 plus the year project divided into two semesters which makes up 12 modules.

I ask because I tried to attempt subject 1 again to bring the grade up from a D but did worse the second time around. If they're marking it on my first attempt(a D) then I shouldn't have to repeat it in August because I got two Bs to make p for it.

Should I make an inquiry at the office about this?

Comments

Advertisement