Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP NEEDED PUPPY AWOL!

Options
  • 11-04-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi Boardsies-
    my lovely puppy has run away....
    her name is LOLA and she is a black and tan yorkie 16 weeks old wearing a black harness and no id tag ( she doesnt get let out without us since her jabs).
    She's extremely friendly and well behaved....
    we live in shanakiel area and she's been gone since about noon so i am really getting worried.
    Please pm me if you think you have seen her.

i know she may have been stolen or run over so please be constructive and helpful as i am very upset over her absence.

THANKS
    Image0066.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I am really sorry to hear about your dog. Any chance you have a photo that you could put up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Agree with the pic it would help, just popped in to suggest you put a post up on the animals and pet issues section

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

I know what its like to have a pet go missin hope you get her back safe and soon

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

no luck yet.... am on home pc now so cant copy and paste in order to stick up pics on animal welfare site. Will try tomorrow.... fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

all_smilz wrote: »
    no luck yet.... am on home pc now so cant copy and paste in order to stick up pics on animal welfare site. Will try tomorrow.... fingers crossed!

Im on the other side of the city to you so probably of no help but i would say throw up a piece on the pink pages of the echo in the lost animal section and it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Try these aswell http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie

Really
    hope you get her back:(
    Ring the pounds aswell

• Advertisement

still no sign- anyone got number for city pound? i cant seem to get anything but the number for the cspca and there is no answer!
    keep ur eyes peeled.... mine are raw from crying

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

so so sorry ur little one is missing, i'm living on the lee road and am heading out for a walk in a while so i'll keep my eyes peeled for lola, chin up hopefully nothing bad has and she'll turn up soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I actually have a load of numbers, my dog went missing after the NY's eve fireworks, got her back though, hope you do too.

Lost&Found Pete Helpline Cork - 021 4885206, 4287216
    You may think you have the wrong number but you don't, they are really helpful, I get the impression they are independent lost&found people.

Vet Section Cork County Council - 021-4285404, vets@corkcoco.ie
    Cort City Pound - 021-4270079
    Passage West Pound - 021-4285404

I suggest you also try the local garda station and give them a description/picture. I did that and they actually spotted her at one stage.

Check this too http://www.lostandfound.ie/what_to_do_if_lost_dog.txt

Red fm also have a lost and found service.
    http://www.redfm.ie/events/lostpets.asp

Hope this helps.

thanks everybody no luck so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

still no sign- anyone got number for city pound? i cant seem to get anything but the number for the cspca and there is no answer!
    keep ur eyes peeled.... mine are raw from crying

the CSPCA and the pound is the same place, do not rely on calling there go down in person, the person who answers the call may not know your dog is in there when it is.

make up posters and get them laminated if poss for sticking on lamposts and trees in the local area, also in shops and the closeby vets, and the garda station (offer a reward, don't say how much) - talk to your neighbours and make them aware, contact the local welfare groups and send a picture

if you need i can pop into the CSPCA as i work close to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Hi all smilz , sorry to hear about your little pup but if you see this message try and have a look around the Farranree area,

I was just on my way home there and in the car just looking around by the roundabout by the credit union and i seen a little pup the same as your own with i'm sure a long tail just walking towards the roundabout with nobody around it, kids or adults and i clicked that i was reading your thread lastnite and saw the picture but we were after driving up a good bit before i realized that it could have been your pup,

we turned around and headed back to where we seen the pup but it was gone, she maybe went into someones garden or something and i myself had a check around a few houses but no joy, so if you have the time please do have a good look around the pophams hill area down as far as sunbeam hill etc and even up by liam healy road and the eircom exchange general area.

I sincerely hope she turns up for you

PaulB91 wrote: »
    the CSPCA and the pound is the same place, do not rely on calling there go down in person, the person who answers the call may not know your dog is in there when it is.

make up posters and get them laminated if poss for sticking on lamposts and trees in the local area, also in shops and the closeby vets, and the garda station (offer a reward, don't say how much) - talk to your neighbours and make them aware, contact the local welfare groups and send a picture

if you need i can pop into the CSPCA as i work close to it?

I have been there and the city council gave me the mobile number for the dog warden who has already heard about her from cspca and told me same as you about pound.
    i have PLASTERED the neighbourhood with posters (laminated and plastic sheeted thingys)......... post office, community centres, supermarkets, booky's, corner shops, lamp posts, gyms EVERYWHERE.

and paid two visits to nearby halting site . sigh!

HERE IS ANOTHER PHOTO

keep your spirits up and i'll say my prayers for you - if you need me to pop into CSPCA just le me know

PaulB91 wrote: »
    keep your spirits up and i'll say my prayers for you - if you need me to pop into CSPCA just le me know
    thanks very much, i have just been in there speaking to dog warden. He said he has my number and they will ring- but i'll keep checking anyway

more postering today and searches/canvassing and A LOT OF HOPING!

I really appreciate all the support and help so far from everyone!

i've emailed a few people at work with the picture and story and a link to here, asked them to forward it on to any people they can think off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb01oOc1KSA

The start of this video was taken last week

just bumping up my thread.
    still no sign of her. Thanks to all who have posted.
    I am losing hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beany12

op..
    I understand that you are going through a stressful time but it is still early days yet, my dog went missing last year when he was four months old and after a few days I was thinking he was gone for good.He turned up nearly three weeks later on the other side of our town (Limerick) in a vets, a man picked him up and handed him in to a vets.

This mans daughter recognised the dog from the missing pets section of our local paper and contacted us to let us know where he was.

I printed posters from www.rewards.ie ,on this site if you upload a picture of your dog they have a facility where which you print off ready made posters. Although we didn't find him through this method,your dog will become lets say 'highlighted' and if the dog is in your area and found by someone they will be less likely to keep him . We received over twenty calls from the posters and some gave us addresses of houses that had recently gotten a dog similar to ours. I have even gotten two calls in the last fortnight about the dog even though I have him back several months.

It's still early days yet so try not to be too despondent,there is every chance you'll still get her back.

The best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

just bumping up my thread.
    still no sign of her. Thanks to all who have posted.
    I am losing hope.

I know exactly how you feel in my thread below i had lost all hope and was a wreck

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055493556

I had lost all hope myself as well but keep the head up and keep the faith i know a fair few people here are hoping for you too

Actually what beany said above there is a great idea i printed out posters myself too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

hi all_smilz

I was in Con's shop last night and there was a piece of paper stuck on the door saying "pup found, blarney street area" there was no description it just gave a mobile number. I just saw this thread, I rang Con's and got the mobile number and I tried to call but there's no answer.
    I will keep trying untill i get through, if you want the number too send me a pm. I hope you find her, I know what it's like! My pup also wondered off and went missing, luckily someone brought him in and called the cspca and I picked him up the same day, but I'll never forget that feeling! I hope she turns up, will keep trying that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

*Lees* wrote: »
    hi all_smilz

I was in Con's shop last night and there was a piece of paper stuck on the door saying "pup found, blarney street area" there was no description it just gave a mobile number. I just saw this thread, I rang Con's and got the mobile number and I tried to call but there's no answer.
    I will keep trying untill i get through, if you want the number too send me a pm. I hope you find her, I know what it's like! My pup also wondered off and went missing, luckily someone brought him in and called the cspca and I picked him up the same day, but I'll never forget that feeling! I hope she turns up, will keep trying that number.
    have you got your pup back, luckily the weather is good

*Lees* wrote: »
    hi all_smilz

someone left v mail on my bfs phone about a pup found around blarney street but i rang them and described her and its not her because she is black and white and tan.... not sure if that was you or who....
    here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Unfortunately it was the same person! Got through to the guy but when I described her he said the pup had lots of white on her too. :(
    I live around the area myself and walk the dog a lot in the area so I will keep an eye out for her. Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi was driving on the lower road this morning about 09.20 - just as you're about to turn left to follow the road (Water Street) along Horgans Quay, when I saw a little terrier at the other side of the road, on the pathway - seemed to have a lot of brown on him - but I couldn't stop as I was in traffic, this may be nothing but it may be worth a shot. Best of luck, I really hope you find her. Take care, JUDES

Its been a long sad week. Please keep your eyes out.
    Text one of my lost puppy numbers if u see her.

:(

Was hoping that towards the end of the thread there would be some good news, I hope you find her soon. Might be no harm to take a stroll (accompanied if you're female) about the city centre in the evening or early night. Some street folk often take strays under their wing for a bit of company. Long shot I know.

not been able to do that and not sure it would help i doubt she made it as far as the city centre unseen..... thanks anyway. Right now i guess i am appealing to people to keep an eye out for her not necessarily running around on her own but with people. SOMEONE must have her.
    Glansillagh animal rescue and Animal welfare group have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hi OP, I used to live up Shanakiel direction and used to walk my dog through the grounds of St Anne's and the fields behind, I know there's houses there now, but I saw alot of unaccompanied dogs up there and would often meet their owners the same day or the next day looking for them.

Have you tried checking up there?

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hi OP, I used to live up Shanakiel direction and used to walk my dog through the grounds of St Anne's and the fields behind, I know there's houses there now, but I saw alot of unaccompanied dogs up there and would often meet their owners the same day or the next day looking for them.

Have you tried checking up there?

that is pretty much below my house- i can see into the grounds from next to my garden- so yea we have searched it AND the security guard who patrols the area has a photo of her in his hut thing on our estate. thanks tho!

Advertisement