Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone know any good/great picnic/bbq areas in Wicklow

• 11-04-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

My friends and myself are thinking of have a good bbq/get to together in the next couple of weeks when we get more great weather, and we are looking for some picnic/bbq areas in Wicklow, where they are benches and don't close at 5.30. Some places are actually ideal like 'Devil's Glen and another place about a mile away from Glendalough, but the problem is that they close at around 5.30:( and we preferbly want to spend until around 7.00 or so.

I've also check out part of Glen of Imal, and I was told there are some possible places there, but whether they have benches is another thing. St. Mullins in Carlow might be another potential place, but I haven't been there in ages, but from some of the pictures I've seen on the net, it might just be the ideal place. If anybody could help me find some ideal places or has any other suggestions that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Check out the Coilte site here for some ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

There is a picnic area in Wicklow that overlooks the harbour- has plenty space and benches and really nice views. Not excatly sure what it is called but you drive along the harbour and just follow the road up the hill and take a left. the road is a dead end as there is some kind of cliff momument thing there:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Thanks for the recs guys, if anybody has anymore that would be awesome.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Around Blessington Lakes is lovely or there's a place Avon Ri in Blessington and the grounds and lakes around it are gorgeous, loads of areas you could have a picnic there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Here's another site for you.

• Advertisement

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Here's another site for you.

Thanks a lot.:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

as far as i know there is a camp fire/bbq ban in the wicklow mountainy area.

irishbird wrote: »
    as far as i know there is a camp fire/bbq ban in the wicklow mountainy area.

My friend has actually a small cooker, but you still get the bbq flavour, so hopefully they allow them.;)

Advertisement