Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ecomotive Range

Options
  • 11-04-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the Seat Altea Ecomotive is available in Ireland, or any of the Ecomotive range for that Matter.

I had the Leon ecomotive 1.9TDI for a while last year in Spain and I have to say it was very economical I was getting over 50MPG however I didn´t spend much time in Traffic, but also it was on a lot of tough roads.

my parents are thinking about buying the Leon or Altea, but I have been looking on the Seat ie website and the ecomotive is not on there

Anybody know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume this is Seat's version of the VW Bluemotion, it's probably not yet available on the right hand drive models.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I presume this is Seat's version of the VW Bluemotion, it's probably not yet available on the right hand drive models.

how long are they normally behind with the RHD version, they´ve been in Spain over 3 years, then again it is the home market for them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The car sales guide lists the Leon 1.9Tdi Eco Ref (€21310) and Eco Style (€22,805). Both 105bhp with emissions of 119g. Eco Ref is only €295 more than the normal Ref model with 15bhp more in the Eco and a yearly tax saving of €52.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Leon Ecomotives are on sale a while here. It's coming in with the facelift Leon. The facelift Altea is due soon too so I'd imagine it will be with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

When are the new Leons due?

• Advertisement

As soon as they sell the stock of the old ones. They've been on sale in UK more than 6 months. Stuck with a load here. Only one that can be bought is the Ecomotive with the old 1.9 tdi.

Seen a few of the facelift in the flash the last few months and I prefer the pre-facelift. New interior looks nicer though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

EPM wrote: »
    Seen a few of the facelift in the flash the last few months and I prefer the pre-facelift. New interior looks nicer though

Got any links to them?
    Variations they come in??

It's just a mid-lift facelift really. More of the same spec wise I think just renamed.

Ecomotive

Interior has been reworked a bit in terms of controls:

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

But the back end doesn't look right and I've seen practically every colour in the flesh. Don't like the squared off lights or the wider lif on the bumper.

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I took both the Leon and Altea 1.6 D Ecomotive out for a test drive the other day in Faro and I find it a great improvement on my old 1.9TDi Leon. much more comfortable and lots of extras, they add the tech pack for 450Eur over here. but the entry model is over 25,000€ ...

lots of little extras, like built in GPS, Parking alarm system, LED lights, headlamp washers, 18 inch Alloys, different Radio/sound system, slight variation on the Shocks. wing mirrors fold inwards when locking the car etc etc

Advertisement