Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dawkins: : I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

One of the reasons nobody likes religion is because it is constantly sticking itself in your face. Dawkins' problem is that he does exactly the same with atheism. As an atheist myself, I just wish he'd shut the **** up. It's not as if the world religions need his help in tearing themselves apart through their own incompetence and increasing irrelevance in our modern world.

I just ignore both of them, now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Azhrei wrote: »
    One of the reasons nobody likes religion is because it is constantly sticking itself in your face. Dawkins' problem is that he does exactly the same with atheism. As an atheist myself, I just wish he'd shut the **** up. It's not as if the world religions need his help in tearing themselves apart through their own incompetence and increasing irrelevance in our modern world.

I just ignore both of them, now.

Azhrei. would you then be against joining ANY orginisations? How about political parties? Or even sports clubs who want to develop your local area? Do you think that charaties for the disabled shouild not stick themselves in your face? Or how about Amnesty International? Would you prefer they didn't draw attention to things which annoy you?

This isnt a personal thing about you by the way just that peopel whether tend to believer in things whether atheism, naziism, God, football and they tend to gather together to support these beliefs. Ignoring the Nazis would not really be effective in combating them would it? I guess the point I am making is the (and again not aimed at you) "let me be and let me go about my own business" philosophy is symptomatic of the culture of elevating individualism above societal needs. HTen again wasn't it the Nazis who preached the subjection of the individual to societal needs and the surpression of individuals while at the same time they reified, idealised and glorified it.

Advertisement