Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Course in Digital Art?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there. Got a Wacom tablet which came with a program bundle including ArtRage, Corel Painter Essentials 4 and Photoshop Elements 7. The tablet is great but I'm finding it hard to get started with Corel and Photoshop and would love to just get a few lessons to get me used to them. Are there any good short courses in digital art that would use these programs or similar? I can't seem to find any. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

do some tutorials online in the application you are looking at learning.

Theres a reason that people get paid to do this stuff, it takes years of practice. If you want to do a course, its generally not something that you will learn in a few weeks. Software is something that you have to learn to understand. When you know the mechanics of it is when you really start going somewhere with it.

The best way to start is to play around with it yourself aimlessly imo. Form some questions then ask here and someone should be able to help you out.

Advertisement