Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Today (11th April 2010)

Options
  • 11-04-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I took some pics today with my Panasonic Lumix TZ5. I'm totally amateur but I quite liked the way these turned out. Hope you like 'em...

16hyj9.jpg

259gb5y.jpg

141mlj5.jpg

ifo1fk.jpg

2e0mh68.jpg

55hw10.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nice one on the end there, I have some of people jumping from that tower too :) We stayed in Salthill for a weekend last year, had a view of the beach from the hotel window. Galway is great, love the City too.

Nice images, is that a heron? on the beach? Nice reflection. Coincidentally I was trying to get pictures of one of those [herons] today down by the river, really wished I had a telephoto lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I really like the colours on 1, 2 and 3 (especially the 3rd, it's really soft).

I was also down salthill today shooting the diving board, I love going down there and getting shots of the jumpers mid-fall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love the last one.

If memory serves me I think it's oddly named 'Black tower'? or am I thinking of somewhere completely different?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

+1 last shot. Like the mid air flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

It's called 'Blackrock'. Fantastic photos. Is the camera model expensive. Thinking of taking up photography. I take pretty good shots and have a good eye, but need a proper camera. Have you advice on what to get for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

That Heron got around yesterday alright, was down the Claddagh for ages moving around the place. Sat and watched him in a boat for a good 45 minutes,
    4511103500_f4be567a61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

im a beginner too so wouldnt the best person to give advice. i do know my camera very well however and have used it alot and it usually gives me nice photos - New Zealand, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Burma, Germany, Holland and Czech Republic. its a Panasonic Lumix TZ5. i think theres a TZ6 and TZ7 now though.
    RubyBlu wrote: »
    It's called 'Blackrock'. Fantastic photos. Is the camera model expensive. Thinking of taking up photography. I take pretty good shots and have a good eye, but need a proper camera. Have you advice on what to get for a beginner.

Ah yes, Blackrock, knew it was black something. I found it funny at the time because it's yellow! :D

Love the heron in the boat pic :D

He was spotted along the Boyne yesterday too, fast flyer!

1A8D9411BBB1449A9641D421B7BADDDC-800.jpg

That was as far as the lens would reach unfortunately. I watched him for about half an hour, camera up to my face, him watching the water for fish, but he didn't get any while I was there.

Advertisement