Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for DDR3 RAM

• 11-04-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey all,
    My PCs been crashing at random intervals and i thought it was a power issue but i just ran mem diagnostics and seems there a hardware fault with my DDR3 RAM, any suggestions on good DDR3 sticks?? (ill need 4GB+), the MoBo im using is an EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW (part no.=132-YW-E179-A1)

Comments

What diagnostics did you run on it? A slight ram voltage bump can sometimes stop errors.
    OCZ platinum DDR3 is excellant, you can run a low performance level on it (usually 7/8) and it wont break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

david7536 wrote: »
    What diagnostics did you run on it? A slight ram voltage bump can sometimes stop errors.
    OCZ platinum DDR3 is excellant, you can run a low performance level on it (usually 7/8) and it wont break the bank.

ran memtest86 and the windows one, both suggested a hardware fault with the RAM, heres my current setup:

CASE: Antec 900 Gaming Case
    PSU:HIGH POWER PLUS 1000W
    MoBo:EVGA 790i SLI FTW ULTRA
    CPU: Intel Q6600 QUAD OC'D @ 2.80GHz(ASAKA-FAN)
    GPU:EVGA NVIDIA GTX295 CO-OP Edition OC'D
    RAM:4x1GB DDR3 CORSAIR XMS3

had a look on Komplett.ie but they seem to be having some errors with the site at the mo so ill wait til they've sorted out theyre ASP code nd ill have a gander for your suggestion on there,

Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Have a look here, http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram.html
    delivery is usually in 2 days, based in Kildare

Advertisement