Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the "I wish I had my camera with me" moments

• 12-04-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Went for a walk this evening in Dun Laoighaire this evening and it was one of those times, I'm kicking myself for not having my camera.

The sun had just set and there was this beautiful orange/red sky. On top of that there were loads of boats and would have made perfect sillhouettes against the vibrant sky. The whole scene was extremely picturesque

Why oh Why did I not have my camera with me. :(

Share your experiences ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Out today but had the G9 with me, always have either that or the dslr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When I had the bridge cam it would always be in the jacket pocket, now I've to strap a bag to me everywhere I go, but i almost always do it! Biggest pain now is dust spots.

It'll always happen, the day you don't have your camera you'll see the most beautiful, or most outrageous stuff. And when you lug it about with you, giving you a stiff neck and in my case a very sore back too! NOTHING will happen and all your shots turn out ... meh ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

seasick steve in the national boxing arena.

He came in walking around the crowed. I noticed noone noticed him, they all had their eyes on stage while he walked in plaiyng his guitar(wireless). I ran down with my phone to take a pick... phones shutter wasnt open properly, the camera fired, but i got nothing! He walked passed me, i got a pick from behind.. but the shot from the front would have been awsome with a proper camera.

he had a spotlight on him from the front right and a spotlight from the back as he walked towards me. The perfect silhouette... Would have been probably the best shot i've ever taken imo. Big shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

was down in Dun Laoighaire on Saturday evening. It looked like this

4513736267_f864e65994_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I picked up a G11 for this reason exactly, and still end up with it being in the boot of the car at wrong time :) and even then I can end up wishing I had a different lens for the job.

Fishermen and photographers forever lamenting the one that got away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

This happened only in two occasions for me...

During the riots in Dublin a couple of years back (2006?) I was in O'Connell street and later near O'Connell bridge. Although maybe it was a good thing as apparently some photographers were beat up or had their cams destroyed.

The 2nd time... was when I exited the Dart at Tara station, took my suitcase with me and only realised when the train left that my camera bag was still inside... "I wish I had my camera with me!" :P

-Dimy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

swingking wrote: »
    Went for a walk this evening in Dun Laoighaire this evening and it was one of those times, I'm kicking myself for not having my camera.

The sun had just set and there was this beautiful orange/red sky. On top of that there were loads of boats and would have made perfect sillhouettes against the vibrant sky. The whole scene was extremely picturesque

Why oh Why did I not have my camera with me. :(

Share your experiences ;)

them wouldn't be the boats by the east pier would they? or were they actually out? literally spent all day saturday putting those boats in the water, some of them make seriously good pic's! was a cracker of a day, that sunset above is incredible. I got up at 6.20 on saturday and as i was driving to work it was the most incredible sunrise over the harbour. a serious i wish i had my camera, but more so i wish i was still in bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Just seen a successful river rescue @ ~7pm this evening when out with my kids walking the dog. Was going to bring the dSLR with me ,c/w 80-400mm lens, but decided not to bother in the end. :(

Congrats on a job well done by the impromptu rescuers!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Went back this evening

4515935538_c511527ec6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Most recent was last night at Passion Pit concert. The colours were amazing, never tried gig shots but I spent the entire gig wanting my camera in my hand. And I was perfectly positioned about a foot from the stage.

I have almost gotten used to carrying my camera with me everywhere now, it's a bit of a pain but less so than missing the a great shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Mine are usually the moon when it's low enough on the horizon that the atmosphere causes a lensing effect & makes it look enormous.

Almost the same; About a month or so ago I'd say, was walking along with my camera in my backpack.

Seen a scumbag hurling abuse and trying to attack two Gardaì as they dragged him into the back of the patrol car. Didn't even bother trying to get my camera out as It'd have been all over and done anyway.

Not exactly a picturesque landscape shot, I know, but I thought the facial expressions and general scene would've made for some pretty intense photographs.

Though I do often ponder to myself... 'Had my camera been over my shoulder, would I have had the balls to take the photos?'.

Advertisement