Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadowbank Break In

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Guards where alright when my bike got robbed. Was kinda strange though, a month after I got my new bike from the insurance money, the cops rang to tell me the bike was found the day after it was robbed lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

merlante wrote: »
    These stories are all too common these days. Travellers and scumbags watching houses, robbing and thieving and the cops turning up when the scene is cold and not making the slightest bit of effort to gather 'evidence'.

I don't know whether they are underfunded, lazy as ****, or both, but they are bloody useless. If there is action, they make sure they're a good hour late. If you ring them again they go through the whole ****ing "what's your name, what is this about..." bull**** again. And they're always on their way.

Basically, middle class people, ie. people who buy houses, only have a veneer of protection from the underworld in this country. Scumbags run riot. And if you take the law into your own hands or go outside the regular channels in any way you're the bad guy. You're the plonker who'll lose his job, kids, cash, reputation, etc., etc. You have everything to lose, they have nothing to lose.

What was the name of that old Charles Bronson movie.....Vigilante? When the crime got nuts in NYC in the late 70's a guy named Curtis Sliwa organized a group of young unemployed guys and call them the Guardian Angels. They patrolled alot of areas the cops wouldn't go into and basically shamed NYPD into doing their jobs! He brought about what became known as community policing where the cops were taken out of patrol cars and put on foot in the worst places. That combined with the voters getting rid of all the effin' liberal politicos who kissed all the criminals arses and replacing the mayor with good old Rudy Giuliani turned the crime situation around here!

Sliwa was ridiculed and even supposedly had a hit put on him by Gotti's son and was shot, but hes a famous radio host in NYC today.

Why don't you start up the Viking Angels Seanybiker and get rich and famous in the process!!!!!!!

ha ha not into joining any clubs. There is one I was asked would I join alright but didnt. Probably will eventually, few things need sorting out first. Vigilante group would be good though in my opinion. Even bringing in whipping every saturday down the middle of red square. Be great entertainment for all the family and Im sure a few whips to the back might stop anyone who's name has an O on the end of it from acting the shyte.

LMFAO.....public floggin would draw big crowds....mention it to the politicos....they could put a tax on admission and maybe get folks to pay to give a few lashes!!!

chelloveks wrote: »
    LMFAO.....public floggin would draw big crowds....mention it to the politicos....they could put a tax on admission and maybe get folks to pay to give a few lashes!!!
    Id have no money if they charged for a go, I have no money anyways though so feck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

chelloveks wrote: »
    What was the name of that old Charles Bronson movie.....Vigilante?

Death Wish, I think.

I was living in a house a couple of years ago with a friend. The landlord got this other dodgy looking fella to move into the box room. We eventually had to get him kicked out because he was smoking inside the whole time robbing our food and having sessions. The day he was leaving he took all the rent money we'd left for the landlord and €700 worth of DVDs belonging to me. Luckily we locked our bedroom doors otherwise my guitars, computer and all my CDs would be gone as well.
    Obviously we had his name and the guards had his ma's address but he was never charged with it. He was charged with robbing a laptop and money from a student in the next house he lived in all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mark17

i live in meadowbank and i'd like to advise all people there to be careful of a lady living there. She befriends people and gradually takes over their households on the pretence of being their friend. this woman has hit children, threatened other children and actually waited outside a school and intimidated another child on several occasions, the guards are regular visitors to her house. Most house owners have been taken in by her and know to stay away. She has kids of her own and this is her corridore to people's houses and their lives. Just be careful of the nice lady who pretends to be genuine, i cannot describe or name her but based on what I've given you'll know her when she knocks on your door. She made so many enemies in a Co. Waterford village she had to sell up and leave, she is on our doorsteo BEWARE........................

mark17 wrote: »
    i live in meadowbank and i'd like to advise all people there to be careful of a lady living there. She befriends people and gradually takes over their households on the pretence of being their friend. this woman has hit children, threatened other children and actually waited outside a school and intimidated another child on several occasions, the guards are regular visitors to her house. Most house owners have been taken in by her and know to stay away. She has kids of her own and this is her corridore to people's houses and their lives. Just be careful of the nice lady who pretends to be genuine, i cannot describe or name her but based on what I've given you'll know her when she knocks on your door. She made so many enemies in a Co. Waterford village she had to sell up and leave, she is on our doorsteo BEWARE........................

Lets give her a floggin too.......

Where is meadowbank anyways? im brutal with names of places. gimme a pub and directions from there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

everything seems to be goin on in meadowbank these days .

past the waterford crystal swimming pool going in direction of kilmeaden,turn left at first set of traffic lights,go down about 100 yards and meadowbank is on the left.

either that or come out the pub in ballybeg,go in the direction of clonard park,run for your life past the estate and meadowbank is directly behind it .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sounds like a story from the witch days tbh.

Lets just give her a good floggin....

anplaya wrote: »
    everything seems to be goin on in meadowbank these days .

past the waterford crystal swimming pool going in direction of kilmeaden,turn left at first set of traffic lights,go down about 100 yards and meadowbank is on the left.

either that or come out the pub in ballybeg,go in the direction of clonard park,run for your life past the estate and meadowbank is directly behind it .
    ha ha good directions. I know the place alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mark17

hey lads the place is a nice place to live, there are some real genuine people there and the investors are beginning to get out, we have most of their phonenumbers and they don't like to be disturbed at 4 in the morning when their tennents kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Did anyone hear about arrests the guards made on Saturday the 10th of April? Heard from an extremely reliable source (couldn't be more reliable but that's all I can say) that there were 3 lads arrested with stuff that looked to be from a break and it sounded similar to the stuff I had taken.

I have been trying to get through to the "detective" that's supposedly investigating my case but he;s never there and he never gets back to me. Same crap I had to put up with when the car was broken into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

hopefully it was your stuff but how would people hear about them? is there something im missing here?

tc2010 wrote: »
    hopefully it was your stuff but how would people hear about them? is there something im missing here?

Sorry. It was just a shot in the dark. You'd often hear or see arrests now and then or hear of someone who was arrested for something, was just chancing my arm that someone might have any info on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

ah right. nothing worse than people who rob houses. its lower than drug dealing in my opinion

do you think theres any possibility of setting up some kind of camera? with time it might come up with something

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jake la motta

hey lads the place is a nice place to live, there are some real genuine people there and the investors are beginning to get out, we have most of their phonenumbers and they don't like to be disturbed at 4 in the morning when their tennents kick off

Agree with the above. For the first two years I've lived here it was lovely, quite and friendly estate. Its still a good place to live, there have been a recent spate of robberies but I never really had any major trouble (besides the petty crime of my ps3 games which was down to a lapse of judgement by my old lad).

When you say investors are beginning to get out, do you mean landlords or builders? and you've called them at 4 in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Investors (owners who just rent out the house but never plan in living in them), may be selling up to pay of loans they never should have got.
    Selling a house because an area is bad is not the only reason people sell houses.

Unless you have talked to each owner who is selling and got there reason then it is just speculation why someone is selling up.

If the owners who live in the houses started selling then you could take that as a sign alright, especially if there is more than 2 at a time in a small area. My estate always has for sale signs up for different house in different parts, but the estate in my opinion is normal.

btw, I like you idea of ringing them at 4am if their tenants are not behaving properly. Makes them pay attention to who they lett their houses out too.

• Advertisement

Agree with the above. For the first two years I've lived here it was lovely, quite and friendly estate. Its still a good place to live, there have been a recent spate of robberies but I never really had any major trouble (besides the petty crime of my ps3 games which was down to a lapse of judgement by my old lad).

When you say investors are beginning to get out, do you mean landlords or builders? and you've called them at 4 in the morning :D

If you asked me last year I would have agreed that it was a nice place to live but in the last year there have been cars that have mirrors kicked off and cars that have been damaged. Our own car was broken into and they tried to hotwire it and rob it. There have been windows of houses smashed in all the way down our row. There has been grafitti of "rats out" and "ratout scum" sprayed in three different places and all sorts of other grafitti. There has been rubbish dumped on the estate and the road just outside. There have been some teenagers going around terrorising some residents and shouting racist abuse. There have been a lot of robberies lately! There have been fights on the street outside houses every so often that got very nasty. A tree was set on fire a while back and fire brigade were out. Just the night before last we drove in to the estate to a lovely sight of rubbish bags on fire and then the fire brigade again out putting out the fire.

It's not the nice peaceful estate that it used to be by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

deisedevil wrote: »
    If you asked me last year I would have agreed that it was a nice place to live but in the last year there have been cars that have mirrors kicked off and cars that have been damaged. Our own car was broken into and they tried to hotwire it and rob it. There have been windows of houses smashed in all the way down our row. There has been grafitti of "rats out" and "ratout scum" sprayed in three different places and all sorts of other grafitti. There has been rubbish dumped on the estate and the road just outside. There have been some teenagers going around terrorising some residents and shouting racist abuse. There have been a lot of robberies lately! There have been fights on the street outside houses every so often that got very nasty. A tree was set on fire a while back and fire brigade were out. Just the night before last we drove in to the estate to a lovely sight of rubbish bags on fire and then the fire brigade again out putting out the fire.

It's not the nice peaceful estate that it used to be by a long shot.
    Do you or the gardai know if this is local people causing this or people from nearby estate using your area as a target range?
    have you thought about getting a few neighbours together and asking the Gardai to meet with you to talk to you all on what they have to date and what they plan on doing?

Between this thread and the other ladies thread about wanting to move from her council house, it sounds like thugs/criminals rule the roost in Waterford and law abiding citizens just have to bite their tongue because no one can do anything.

It's times like this you wish the "A Team" really existed to sort out these local issues.

Not much point in me doing anything, I'm moving out at the end of the week. I feel sorry for anyone who has bought a house here, it won't be easy as the place gets worse. And the gardai won't be in the slightest bit bothered about stopping it, if the people who own their houses in Meadowbank don't sort something out then they'll become part of other estates and their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

The place is turning to ****. Iv read the other topic about the person having her kids abused and hit and all that.

And if all the pubs in town go **** up the place will be a ghost town.

I worry

Someone tried to break in the other night again but I scared them off, side gate was opened and bins moved, they must have thought there was no one in the house. There was more to it aswell but can't comment here.

Had a phone call from the girlfriend just after 7pm this eve. I was in work. She was shaking and whispering, couldn't understand her, there was someone shouting in the letter box and someone around the back of the house, that's all I could get out of her. Tore over home and called the guards. Little scumbags were going around looking to cut grass with lawnmower, had knocked over my wheelie bins and shouting abuse in the letter box and kicking the car just because there was no one answering the door, they even went in over the gate and around the back of the house. My gf had seen one of them through the curtains so I knew it was them. The only reason she hadn't answered the door was because she was asleep and when she heard the hammering on the back door she freaked out because of all the break ins we have had.

Went over to the other side of Meadowbank and caught them, told them to stay the f*** away from my house, they denied everything and said they weren't near the place, I said they were seen doing it and then they said "shur what are you gonna do about it"

Went back up to house and girlfriend in an awful state because she got a right shock, she was in bed asleep because she's on nights, she thought someone was breaking in again.

Totally forgot about the guards, they came and I explained what happened, they went over to the little pr*cks and told them to head off home. They told me they knew them and that they are sick of hunting them away from other estates and trying to stop them causing trouble. They also told me that they are getting more and more calls to Meadowbank these days and that I'd be better off thinking about moving out altogether.

Two of them have been climbing into peoples back gardens looking in their windows and they have kicked the mirrors off cars. I seen them myself kicking at a neighbours door and car and screaming racist abuse at them.

If you see two lads, one with foxy hair and freckles, taller than the other lad and the shorter fella with big ears then be careful of what they are up to. They go around cutting grass which is fine but it's what else they are up to which would bother me.

I'm moving out over next few days so I'm glad to be getting away from it all but disgusted to have to leave what was a nice estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That just sucks tbh. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you see two lads, one with foxy hair and freckles, taller than the other lad and the shorter fella with big ears then be careful of what they are up to. They go around cutting grass which is fine but it's what else they are up to which would bother me.

Two of them in the back of a van and a trip to the Comeraghs might help sort them out.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Two of them in the back of a van and a trip to the Comeraghs might help sort them out.

Nowwwwww someones got the right idea...you have to stop these little scumbaags before they go to far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Totally forgot about the guards, they came and I explained what happened, they went over to the little pr*cks and told them to head off home. They told me they knew them and that they are sick of hunting them away from other estates and trying to stop them causing trouble. They also told me that they are getting more and more calls to Meadowbank these days and that I'd be better off thinking about moving out altogether.

I'm moving out over next few days so I'm glad to be getting away from it all but disgusted to have to leave what was a nice estate.

So we have these scumbags breaking the law and all the garda can say is move out? That's why we're in this mess when we don't hold people accountable for their actions.

I really do have sympathy for people who have bought their houses out that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jellyfrogs

These scum are at it again today.Red tshirt ,and the other guy had a black hoodie,which he turned inside out and became white,the prick with the red shirt and a baseball cap,young lads in there teens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement