Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadowbank Break In

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

The guy who robbed my house was caught, sorry no he wasn't caught, he walked into the Garda station and gave himself up because he was that fu**ing stupid he thought he was already caught. He admitted to other robberies also. Can't get my stuff back because he won't give the names of who he gave it to.

But if your living in Meadowbank you'd want to be careful, he was getting help from a friend living in the estate who is watching out for houses that are left for a day or two. And those were the houses he robbed. The Gardai couldn't believe their luck, they were laughing about him, apparently he's as thick as they come.

He'll get a few months jail and I get nothing. Great country we live in. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do you get the pleasure of going to court to see him go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

deisedevil wrote: »
    The guy who robbed my house was caught, sorry no he wasn't caught, he walked into the Garda station and gave himself up because he was that fu**ing stupid he thought he was already caught. He admitted to other robberies also. Can't get my stuff back because he won't give the names of who he gave it to.

But if your living in Meadowbank you'd want to be careful, he was getting help from a friend living in the estate who is watching out for houses that are left for a day or two. And those were the houses he robbed. The Gardai couldn't believe their luck, they were laughing about him, apparently he's as thick as they come.

He'll get a few months jail and I get nothing. Great country we live in. :mad:

THIS IS ANNOYING... YOU COULD PAY THE RODENT SCUMBAG A PRIVATE COURTESY VISIT AND FIND OUT WHO THE RATTIN PARASITE IS WHOS WATCHING THE HOUSES......
    I'D BRING A PLIERS AND HURL TO HELP HIM REMEMBER...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Name and Shame i say for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Don't know if I can on here really?

Do they still put the results of court on papers and what paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

deisedevil wrote: »
    Don't know if I can on here really?

Do they still put the results of court on papers and what paper?

Put them on the Munster and News and Star each week you could point it out when the person comes out on it as it will be in the public domain then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Once it is in the Munster for all to read there is no problem posting his name here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 titsmahgee

God! Moving down to waterford in the next few weeks and all these stories would nearly put me off, Id be more concerned how it would effect my girlfriend if any of the stuff mentioned happened to her, is it really as bad as it seems to be becoming??

titsmahgee wrote: »
    God! Moving down to waterford in the next few weeks and all these stories would nearly put me off, Id be more concerned how it would effect my girlfriend if any of the stuff mentioned happened to her, is it really as bad as it seems to be becoming??

You name me a county without break ins please. Id love to hear of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 titsmahgee

tc2010 wrote: »
    You name me a county without break ins please. Id love to hear of it :D

Very true i suppose!

• Advertisement

titsmahgee wrote: »
    Very true i suppose!

Where are you moving from?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mark17

Nails put behind the wheel of a neighbour's car last night. We know who done it and why they done it. It means now we have to check cars before we move off every morning, this place is getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully0701

Hi All

My partner and I have been thinking about buying a house, her family are from the Ballybeg area and we see meadowbank houses are relatively cheap, is the crime still the same in the area?

My in laws have lived in Ballybeg square for 20 yrs+ and never had any trouble it only seems to be in specific parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Even worse. Dont even dream of buying a house in that kip.

Do your future family a favour and move somewhere decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully0701

Even worse. Dont even dream of buying a house in that kip.

Do your future family a favour and move somewhere decent.

Will do thanks

Sully0701 wrote: »
    Will do thanks

Hate to sound blunt but the thoughts of raising kids 30 seconds from Ardmore Park and probably going to School with the lowest forms of robbing junkie scum of the place sounds like a bad idea to me. Never being able to have anything on show because its 100% fact that people are constantly eying up the place doesn't sound good to me either.

For the sake of an extra probably 100 a month on a mortgage id advise to go somewhere else without the problems. If you only have a budget of 70k or whatever Meadowbank is worth id say get a smaller house in a better area or wait a bit longer till you can can spend about 80-90k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Hate to sound blunt but the thoughts of raising kids 30 seconds from Ardmore Park and probably going to School with the lowest forms of robbing junkie scum of the place sounds like a bad idea to me. Never being able to have anything on show because its 100% fact that people are constantly eying up the place doesn't sound good to me either.

For the sake of an extra probably 100 a month on a mortgage id advise to go somewhere else without the problems. If you only have a budget of 70k or whatever Meadowbank is worth id say get a smaller house in a better area or wait a bit longer till you can can spend about 80-90k.

How can you put school robbing and junkie scum in the same sentence, are you implying the kids out there are robbing junkie scum?

obezyana wrote: »
    How can you put school robbing and junkie scum in the same sentence, are you implying the kids out there are robbing junkie scum?

Im implying the people of school age who rob houses in Meadowbank on a several times a week basis are Dirty Junkie robbing scumbags who likely attend the local schools yes.

I also advised the person who asked the question not to raise their kids around these Dirty Junkie Robbing scumbags just to save a couple of euro a month on a mortgage.

Whats the problem?

Im implying the people of school age who rob houses in Meadowbank on a several times a week basis are Dirty Junkie robbing scumbags who likely attend the local schools yes.

I also advised the person who asked the question not to raise their kids around these Dirty Junkie Robbing scumbags just to save a couple of euro a month on a mortgage.

Whats the problem?

School age is from 4 upwards so are you saying they are robbing junkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I think you're deliberately being obtuse.

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I think you're deliberately being obtuse.

No I'm asking a genuwine question as the post was worded in a way that suggests school going kids from that area are junkie scum and school starts at the age of 4 for most. The comment that was made was a very silly ignorant comment about kids being junkie thieving scum and in all fairness that's a ridiculous comment to make.

I do know about the troubles that some people cause out that way but to label the people involved as robbing junkie school going kids scum is a bit OTT.

9358-open-challenge-daglar-picard-facepalm.jpg

Do you actually think your being clever by posting a stupid picture I asked if you think the people out there breaking into houses are junkie school kids and you still haven't said yes or no you avoid it by posting a stupid picture, it's not that hard you know but then again maybe for you it is...ah well no pointing talking to a brick wall and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fairly sure school kids can be called school kids right up to when they leave school

Do you actually think your being clever by posting a stupid picture I asked if you think the people out there breaking into houses are junkie school kids and you still haven't said yes or no you avoid it by posting a stupid picture, it's not that hard you know but then again maybe for you it is...ah well no pointing talking to a brick wall and all that.

How can you possibly for one second believe that anyone would imply that there are 4 year old Junkies in meadowbank or even Ardmore Park?

It would take an incredibly feeble mind to interpret what i said as meaning that.

How can you possibly for one second believe that anyone would imply that there are 4 year old Junkies in meadowbank or even Ardmore Park?

It would take an incredibly feeble mind to interpret what i said as meaning that.

Ah right that's what it is and not the fact that you posted something with no clarification as to which specific age group you were labelling, actually which age group are you referring to that you think are junkie scum kids robbing all these houses? Or was it really just a sweeping generalisation about kids from that area because that's what it seems like you are saying.

It's got nothing to do with being obtuse or pedantic or whatever words one might use. I don't know many people who consider school leaving youngsters as kids teenagers yes but never kids so can you not see how you calling them kids can cause confusion as to who exactly you are talking about.

I dont think theres a person here except you who thinks i meant theres 4 year old junkies robbing houses in meadowbank so just stop talking about it as its getting stupid now.

Clearly i meant older schoolkids and clearly thats what everyone except you understood.

I assumed people would not need me to clarify every point i made and that there was only logical people reading my posts but i was obviously wrong.

Is there any of that you'd like me to clarify?

I dont think theres a person here except you who thinks i meant theres 4 year old junkies robbing houses in meadowbank so just stop talking about it as its getting stupid now.

Clearly i meant older schoolkids and clearly thats what everyone except you understood.

I assumed people would not need me to clarify every point i made and that there was only logical people reading my posts but i was obviously wrong.

Is there any of that you'd like me to clarify?

You had a rant that labelled kids as junkie robbing scum now just for you here is the oxford dictionary definition of a kid.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/kid

You had a rant that labelled kids as junkie robbing scum now just for you here is the oxford dictionary definition of a kid.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/kid

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/obtuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Seen as everyone is quoting the dictionary I'll just leave this here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pain+in+the+ass

Not aimed at anyone in particular :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement