Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Wonder- form an orderly queue!!!

Options
  • 12-04-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

O2, June 24th- on sale April 16th... surely there'll be a second (third?) night added?

Saw him in London last year- spellbinding, jaw-dropping, life-affirming etc.- don't miss out on this people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

any word on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Where did you hear that? I can't see it mentioned anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There was an ad in the Sunday Times yesterday. I think tickets run from €65 to €95, limited to eight per person.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Why do they limit tickets to 8 per person? The only person wanting 8 tickets is a tout.

The same thought occurred to me.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Why do they limit tickets to 8 per person? The only person wanting 8 tickets is a tout.
    Or someone with more friends than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hes playin Hard Rock calling two nites after this you sure this is for real??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Or someone with more friends than you?

Hardy har har. Aren't you just hillarious.

Still aint seen or heard any mention of this anywhere ......

It's up on the Hot Press site now, though it has yet to appear on MCD's.

• Advertisement

Just seen it on hotpress there now i wonder where u can get presale tickets for this?? There taking there time lettin people know considering its on sale this Friday and its not like hes not well known ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The presale will probably be announced here:

http://blueroom.o2online.ie

sometime today and they'll probably do the presale tomorrow.

Thats only for stupid o2 customers though ha
    Theres usually other sites that do presale or the acts fan club or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Well check his official website then. If you want in on O2 presales but you're not an O2 customer (and you have an old mobile lying around), you can buy a €10 SIM card, pop it into the old mobile and get yourself a presale code anytime you're interested in an O2 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

This is the best concert announcement EVER!!!! I'll be devastated if I don't get tickets. I go to alot of gigs and when I'm asked who do I want to see that I still haven't and the answer has always being Stevie! I've checked both his website and The O2 website and nothing as yet. I'm on his mailing list so If I hear anything I'll post details. There is bound to be an O2 presale. Unless it's announced today I can't see it being 'til Thursday. I also agree that 8 tickets per person is too many and can see touts snapping them up. As much as I wanna go if I don't get tickets in either the presale of the general sale I would never ever buy from a tout.

Ya its Wednesday now surely if theres gonna be any sign of ticketmaster will be today.
    Wish they would hurry up so i know how much i have to hand over Friday morning ha.
    By the way his offical site dont even have the dates for festivals up so i doubt this will appear anytime soon on there.

Despite the ad in the Sunday Times saying it would go on sale this Friday, they may have subsequently decided to push the onsale date back, given that both Iron Maiden and Jean Michel Jarre go on sale that day, and three high profile shows going online at 9:00 could lead to total Ticketmaster meltdown.

Ya you could be right there cause there cutting it fine here i mean really apart from odd site or blog theres no confirmed mention of this online anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have to see this gig :) Stevie Wonder is one of the few musicians still alive that i love that i havent seen in concert yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Seems strange that neither o2, mcd (if promoting), nor ticketmaster have any mention of this. It defo have been pushed back otherwise o2 presale would have been today

• Advertisement

Will actually suit me much better if tickets go on sale next week as I'd be working at 9am Friday and the boss is a prick which would make it tricky! It is strange though that there is no mention of this anywhere onlne except for Hot Press. I'm gonna email MCD and ask them what the story is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

any updates on this since yesterday chaps? im unable to get to a pc in the morning so hoping its pushed back to next week.

No updates that i have seen ticketmaster still have no word of any concert for himself so guess we find out next week.

No updates and can't email MCD as there is a drop down menu which lists only currently listed gigs and Stevie isn't listed as yet. However Hot Press now have a FB profile page and not the fan page. They have added me as a friend today so I'll contact them and hopefully they update us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

if it was'nt for this forum I would'nt have even known Stevie will be playing here.
    When Tina Turner was coming to Dublin she had ads in all the papers/tv etc why nothing about Stevie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Anyone know what exactly is happening? It's as if Christmas morning has arrived and the presents are nonexistent - and nobody knows anything or even seems to care. Why Stevie, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

From what i heard from a fairly reliable source is that tickets are on sale next week. The advert in the Sunday Times said "Tickets On Sale Next Friday" but the ad itself wasnt supposed to be printed till this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

musicmania wrote: »
    This is the best concert announcement EVER!!!! I'll be devastated if I don't get tickets. I go to alot of gigs and when I'm asked who do I want to see that I still haven't and the answer has always being Stevie! I've checked both his website and The O2 website and nothing as yet. I'm on his mailing list so If I hear anything I'll post details. There is bound to be an O2 presale. Unless it's announced today I can't see it being 'til Thursday. I also agree that 8 tickets per person is too many and can see touts snapping them up. As much as I wanna go if I don't get tickets in either the presale of the general sale I would never ever buy from a tout.

Yeah - he's one of the few left on my bucket list - tickets will be purchased once available......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

He's closing Glasto aswell. Gonna be brilliant!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bart Roberts

Yea their holding off until next week to release the tickets. Hopefully until next Fridays pay day!

Advertisement