Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Wonder- form an orderly queue!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anymore news ? One of the few artists that I would cue up to buy tickets for . . A true legend and unlike most of the crap that can make it big nowadays, he is truly gifted and deserving of his stature. .

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I don't get why this has not been made official yet? If it was meant to be in yesterday Sunday 'Times' with tickets on sale this Friday what has happened? I for one am definatly going - Stevie is one of the few true greats still around. I was only listening to his 'Definitive Collection' album today and had forgotton the amount of great tracks has done. When was the last time he played Ireland? I can't remember ever hearing about him performing here before?:confused:

Will be great to hear classics such as 'Superstition', 'Higher Ground' and 'Living For The City' live in the O2.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya there really dragging this one out ha
    Lady GaGa was put up yesterday with tickets onsale this Friday.
    So i hope wont make any difference to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

SB-08 wrote: »
    When was the last time he played Ireland? I can't remember ever hearing about him performing here before?:confused:

Will be great to hear classics such as 'Superstition', 'Higher Ground' and 'Living For The City' live in the O2.:)

To my knowledge he has never played Ireland before
    Ya there really dragging this one out ha
    Lady GaGa was put up yesterday with tickets onsale this Friday.
    So i hope wont make any difference to this.

I am starting to wonder were Hot Press and The Sunday Times wrong.... Better not be though. It is very strange that there has been no further mention of this gig since Hot Press 'announced' it.

This is starting to piss me off now not one confirmed mention of this anywhere.

Its nearly Wednesday on a week where tickets are meant be onsale *Friday* if theres even gonna be a gig. No mention on his own site ticketmaster or mcd. Ticketmaster in last day or so have added GaGa Feeder and now Limp Bizkit to there line up for tickets on sale this Friday to be honest if they dont add this for Wednesday i think it was just a crazy rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Subbing to this thread to keep track of whether it's a rumour or not. I shall be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

musicmania wrote: »
    QUOTE]

I was at Stevie Wonder indoors in the RDS around 1985.

This is starting to piss me off now not one confirmed mention of this anywhere.

Its nearly Wednesday on a week where tickets are meant be onsale *Friday* if theres even gonna be a gig. No mention on his own site ticketmaster or mcd. Ticketmaster in last day or so have added GaGa Feeder and now Limp Bizkit to there line up for tickets on sale this Friday to be honest if they dont add this for Wednesday i think it was just a crazy rumour.

I dont think it's a crazy rumour. He is playing the O2 on Thursday 24h June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

dixiefly wrote: »
    QUOTE]

yeah - thought I remember him being in the RDS when I was younger, actually thought it was earlier than '85.....but that makes sense.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Rick O'Shea just posted this on twitter ...

http://twitter.com/rickoshea

From a very reliable source: Stevie Wonder will play 02 on June 24th, tx on sale Thursday April 29th...

• Advertisement

Thinking of just goin see him at hard rock callin in london i dunno ill see come next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

This is now on the o2.ie website:D:D:D:D

STEVIE WONDER ANOUNCES DUBLIN SHOW

One of contemporary music’s most iconic stars, the legendary Stevie Wonder, announced today that he is hitting the road again throughout Europe. This follows his sensational sell out ‘A Wonder Summer Night Tour’ in 2008 which received amazing critical reviews. This coming tour will feature an evening of music from Stevie who has received an astounding 25 GRAMMY® Awards as well the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.

Stevie Wonder will appear at The O2, Dublin on 24 June and tickets are available on Thursday 29 April from 9.00am at www.ticketmaster.ie

The tour is being produced by Live Nation.

“I am looking forward to performing in these venues in Europe. We are going to have some wonderful nights,” said Stevie Wonder.

Stevie Wonder’s amazing career has earned him 49 top 40 singles, 32 number-one singles, and an Academy Award® for "I Just Called to Say I Love You," plus Billboard's 2004 Century Award. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, alongside the Rolling Stones. In 1983, Wonder spearheaded the realization of Martin Luther King Day as a national U.S. holiday. His participation in the massive 1985 "We Are the World" fundraiser for hunger in Africa was a music industry milestone, while his involvement to put an end to apartheid in South Africa is legendary. Stevie Wonder was the youngest honouree of the prestigious Kennedy Centre Honours at the 22nd Kennedy Centre Honours in 1999. It is Wonder's song writing legacy that has indelibly connected him to the world.

From child prodigy to groundbreaking innovator, he has always believed in music as a transformational force. Don’t miss this special date.

Stevie Wonder 2010 Dates
    24 June
    The O2, Dublin

Tickets On Sale Thursday 29 April at 9.00am
    Tickets from €65.70 including booking fee limited to 8 per person
    In person: From 100 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
    By Telephone (24 Hour): ROI - 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland - 0844 277 44 55
    Book On Line: www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Great stuff. Hope i get tickets to this, I'll be on-line at 9.

Do people think its defo gonna sell out in minutes???

Any advice for booking on-line? Like should I log-in at 8.50 and keep refreshing or wha??

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm working evenings that night but I shall try and buy tickets on the assumption I get the shift off! If I don't.......well June is a notorious month for coming down with the flu! :D

yermandan wrote: »
    Great stuff. Hope i get tickets to this, I'll be on-line at 9.

Do people think its defo gonna sell out in minutes???

Any advice for booking on-line? Like should I log-in at 8.50 and keep refreshing or wha??

Cheers

These are my top tips for getting tickets that usually sell out in minutes.

Tip #1. Register a Ticketmaster account and add your credit card to it. Sign into your Ticketmaster account BEFORE 9am. That way you won't have to take up valuable seconds entering your details when you only have 2 minutes to buy the tickets.

Tip #2. Use multiple browsers (not windows), e.g. Firefox and IE. The cookies won't match so it's like using two different PCs at the same time. Multiple windows do not work as Ticketmaster will recognise this due to the matching cookies and you could be blocked.

Tip #3. Sync your computers clock to the world atomic clock time. This should be what Ticketmaster uses. That way when it's 9am on your clock it should be 9am on Ticketmaster's. Simple but effective.

Tip #4. Before 9am put "Stevie Wonder" in the search box but don't click search. Wait till your clock strikes 9, give it a few seconds and then click search. When the results come up the link on the Stevie Wonder O2 concert should now bring you to the "Find Tickets" page. If you search before 9am you will get see something like "More info". Then at 9am you'll have to refresh the page to get "Find Tickets" and refreshing on Ticketmaster at busy times is not a good idea. I've spent 15 minutes looking at a blank screen waiting for it to load!

Tip #5. If you get the chance to find tickets, and really want to go to the concert, choose "best available" ticket. If you limit your choice of ticket price you limit your chances of getting one. Be prepared to pay top dollar though.

Tip #6. If you're really hardcore you can call Ticketmaster at the same time as browsing their site. Who knows maybe you'll get through to an operator! (I never have!)

Tip #7. The best one in my opinion!! If you keep getting a "no tickets available" message, all may not be lost. Adjust your number of tickets to 3 or 1. Ticketmaster could have 3 seats available but will not release them to someone who searches for 2, because this will leave 1 seat behind that might be difficult to sell. If you search for 3, hey presto! 3 tickets. Only need 2? Sell the other one to someone who deserve to go. So searching for odd numbers might work. (I've done this myself before. Needed 4 tickets, couldn't get them together, but got 3 and 1 instead. Turned out the 1 on its own was only 3 rows behind.)

Tip #8. Don't give up. I got a ticket for one of the U2 concerts an hour after they had apparently all sold out. Also a certain number of tickets are kept for corporate sponsors. Very close to the show if these tickets look like they won't be used they are released to the public. This is usually not publicised. This can be very good as you can wind up with top seats, e.g. front row, corporate box.

So they're my top tips and they've worked alright for me so far! Hope they work for you.

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that...Really appreciate it and tis great advice too!!!

These are my top tips for getting tickets that usually sell out in minutes.

Tip #1. Register a Ticketmaster account and add your credit card to it. Sign into your Ticketmaster account BEFORE 9am. That way you won't have to take up valuable seconds entering your details when you only have 2 minutes to buy the tickets.

Tip #2. Use multiple browsers (not windows), e.g. Firefox and IE. The cookies won't match so it's like using two different PCs at the same time. Multiple windows do not work as Ticketmaster will recognise this due to the matching cookies and you could be blocked.

Tip #3. Sync your computers clock to the world atomic clock time. This should be what Ticketmaster uses. That way when it's 9am on your clock it should be 9am on Ticketmaster's. Simple but effective.

Tip #4. Before 9am put "Stevie Wonder" in the search box but don't click search. Wait till your clock strikes 9, give it a few seconds and then click search. When the results come up the link on the Stevie Wonder O2 concert should now bring you to the "Find Tickets" page. If you search before 9am you will get see something like "More info". Then at 9am you'll have to refresh the page to get "Find Tickets" and refreshing on Ticketmaster at busy times is not a good idea. I've spent 15 minutes looking at a blank screen waiting for it to load!

Tip #5. If you get the chance to find tickets, and really want to go to the concert, choose "best available" ticket. If you limit your choice of ticket price you limit your chances of getting one. Be prepared to pay top dollar though.

Tip #6. If you're really hardcore you can call Ticketmaster at the same time as browsing their site. Who knows maybe you'll get through to an operator! (I never have!)

Tip #7. The best one in my opinion!! If you keep getting a "no tickets available" message, all may not be lost. Adjust your number of tickets to 3 or 1. Ticketmaster could have 3 seats available but will not release them to someone who searches for 2, because this will leave 1 seat behind that might be difficult to sell. If you search for 3, hey presto! 3 tickets. Only need 2? Sell the other one to someone who deserve to go. So searching for odd numbers might work. (I've done this myself before. Needed 4 tickets, couldn't get them together, but got 3 and 1 instead. Turned out the 1 on its own was only 3 rows behind.)

Tip #8. Don't give up. I got a ticket for one of the U2 concerts an hour after they had apparently all sold out. Also a certain number of tickets are kept for corporate sponsors. Very close to the show if these tickets look like they won't be used they are released to the public. This is usually not publicised. This can be very good as you can wind up with top seats, e.g. front row, corporate box.

So they're my top tips and they've worked alright for me so far! Hope they work for you.

Excellent tips! Pretty much what I do myself! When I'm booking at home I generally have the page and my account open and then use Sky News as a time guide. However I'll be in work when Stevie goes on sale and the computers are a bit off time and only can be changed by IT. Plus not have phones with us... Also not supposed to use the internet but needs must so that rule will be broken :D. Hopefully I'll get my ticket in the O2 presale on the Tuesday and not have to panic Thursday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well guys cant believe thisis actually happening, waiting years to see him to be honest HOWEVER, we are due our first born on the 18th of july so the wife will be over 8 months pregers at the gig but we also have an apointment with the doctor at 9am next thursday !!!! disaster :mad: i was hoping for a friday morning release....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

well guys cant believe thisis actually happening, waiting years to see him to be honest HOWEVER, we are due our first born on the 18th of july so the wife will be over 8 months pregers at the gig but we also have an apointment with the doctor at 9am next thursday !!!! disaster :mad: i was hoping for a friday morning release....
    Just tell your wife to hang on. It's Stevie Wonder FFS!!!;)

O2 presale is at 9am Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Unbelievable! I am not missing this for the world!

Dunno weather i should go see him in o2 or at hard rock calling.......

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

I'm away on holliers on the 23rd.

Would love to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

QUOTE]

That was the only time. He was due to play the Point around 1990 but the show was cancelled. Problems with getting a choir, if I remember correctly.

He's playing the South of France on the 1st July. I'll be in the area - about 200 kms away. Might get to see him there.

Get someone else to get you tickets. I'll try for a few extra sure!

And if you bring the wife to the gig the kid will come out with great taste in music! :D

That was the only time. He was due to play the Point around 1990 but the show was cancelled.

Is that the source of the infamous joke "Why didn't Stevie Wonder play his Dublin gig? He couldn't see the point."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Waits patiently in queue.....crosses fingers, legs, road....etc....:)

I registered with the 02 pre-sale thinga majigee yesterday and got the code... Does anybody have any experience of this? What are my chances of getting the pre-sale tickets?? I'm skeptical at best!!!

I registered with the 02 pre-sale thinga majigee yesterday and got the code... Does anybody have any experience of this? What are my chances of getting the pre-sale tickets?? I'm skeptical at best!!!

I registered when I first heard of the concert but didnt get any code. Did you get a code for stevie's concert or a general one for O2 presale?

• Advertisement

I've only ever tried the pre sale once before for Maccas December gig and wasn't successful. Luckily I got my ticket in the main sale. Took no chances this time and got them through his website. There is only 15% of tickets available for the presale with the tickets dotted around the venue. For either the presale or main sale this will be hard to get.

Advertisement