Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Wonder- form an orderly queue!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

have the pre-sale code also - have never tried that route before....possibly expensive seats only?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Cicero wrote: »
    have the pre-sale code also - have never tried that route before....possibly expensive seats only?

You could be right. I don't think standing is available for presale tickets and according to TM there is standing at Stevie's gig. I'll try for standing as I'd rather pay less and be closer than pay more and be further back but if I don't get it I might wait til the main sale Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Does Stevie have a support act for his tour does anyone know? Or is he like Springsteen/Macca with doing long gigs on his own? Goin by the 27 tracklist on his Live At Last DVD it is the latter.;)

Do people think this will sell out fast? He is such a rare act to see live so it might - I am not sure what is the safer option - to try online or queue up? Any advice? Cheers:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Decided im gonna go see him as well as others at hard rock calling instead.
    On the tickets and how fast will sell out i reckon best bet and what i would of done myself is park your ass infront a pc bang on ten to nine and keep refreshing on the tickets page for himself and right at 9am click to buy.
    I have never missed out on a gig doing this so its worth a try :)

Decided im gonna go see him as well as others at hard rock calling instead.
    On the tickets and how fast will sell out i reckon best bet and what i would of done myself is park your ass infront a pc bang on ten to nine and keep refreshing on the tickets page for himself and right at 9am click to buy.
    I have never missed out on a gig doing this so its worth a try :)

I reakon this will sell out in minutes. I'll be trying in the presale tomorrow and if that fails the main sale Thursday. Leonard Cohen sold 10,000 tickets in 6 minutes today and I'd hazard a guess Stevie will be much the same!

• Advertisement

musicmania wrote: »
    I reakon this will sell out in minutes. I'll be trying in the presale tomorrow and if that fails the main sale Thursday. Leonard Cohen sold 10,000 tickets in 6 minutes today and I'd hazard a guess Stevie will be much the same!

Even if it does sell out very fast u should still have good chance gettin tickets without the presale.

I mean the method i explained few mins ago i got florence and the machine tickets at the front doing this and they sold out in a minute or so lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

Ticketmaster is showing a seating plan with standing on the ground floor. I'm suprised - I thought this would be a fully seated gig.
    Yeah, I reckon these will be gone in a flash - any rumour of a second night?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ticketmaster is showing a seating plan with standing on the ground floor. I'm suprised - I thought this would be a fully seated gig.

I guess a second night is very unlikely as Stevie will be playing Glastonbury and Hard Rock Calling the few days after, I think the dates are....

Hard Rock Calling 26th June
    Glastonbury 27th June

so I guess he will need a day off in between.

Even if it does sell out very fast u should still have good chance gettin tickets without the presale.

I mean the method i explained few mins ago i got florence and the machine tickets at the front doing this and they sold out in a minute or so lol.

Yeah I hope so. It was the same for Maccas December gig. I missed out in the presale but was successful in the main sale. Stevie is one of the few artists I haven't seen that I really really want to see. I had tears in my eyes when I first read about it on Hot Press website.

I was expecting fully seated too but was happy when I saw standing on the map. He is playing the UK on the Saturday and the O2 has another gig the previous day so the only window for an extra gig is the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MysticFred

A friend of mine is on O2 but is out of the country. If he sends me his password for the event can I use it on ticketmaster to buy tickets? I'm a vodafone customer.

He's going too but is working and doesn't have internet access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

got me presale code and im gonna be hoping and praying i get tickets to this. I'll be looking for the expensive seats although id much prefer to stand but the wife will is due 3 weeks after the gig and she'll be needing a seat :) but she still wouldn't miss this one for the world... hopefully no stork arrives at the gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Pre sale code will only let me buy one ticket... that's a bit pointless. I'll have to try again on Thursday I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

8 of us going to this. I just got 4 standing, and so did my brother. Gonna be some party that night.
    Back of the net you little beauty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Got 4 standing as well. It stated that 4 was the max for the presale with 8 max for general sale.

Should be a great gig im just waitin on word back from me mate bout flights and then ill book Friday-Sunday for Hardrock calling including stevie him self playin on his 60th birthday :)

If theres any slip up s with that ill get tickets Thursday morning for the o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

8 of us going to this. I just got 4 standing, and so did my brother. Gonna be some party that night.
    Back of the net you little beauty...

Just got 2 standing....tried for a specfic row first time round and it said no availability so tried a 2nd time for best @ any price and came back with standing tickets......happy days ............:D

Ended up getting the three standing I needed. Yes!! It was a complex operation involving three separate codes, but it worked out eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

got 2 standing and 2 seated

seemed to be plenty available tbh.

which would led me to assume he's going to do a second date.

Hammertime wrote: »
    got 2 standing and 2 seated

seemed to be plenty available tbh.

which would led me to assume he's going to do a second date.

I dont think he will i mean hes playin two big dates in England couple days later hes not gettin any younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

beanyb wrote: »
    Pre sale code will only let me buy one ticket... that's a bit pointless. I'll have to try again on Thursday I suppose!

it let me buy 4 ?

2 standing tickets and then I went in again and got 2 seated

and the other presales I've bought all let me buy up to 4 as well ?

• Advertisement

I selected three and it said I had exceeded the maximum. And then after that it wouldnt even let me select any more than one. The drop down menu would disappear if I did. No idea why. Especially as it doesnt seem to have been a problem for anyone else. But I got my mum's work phone, and my dad's too and got 2 more codes. I just bought the three standing tickets with the separate codes and it worked.

It was a bit annoying, but it all worked out in the end. We'll be going and that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

I'm not even getting to the ticket page - it's just giving the "tickets unavailable" box as if they haven't even gone on sale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

babaduck wrote: »
    I'm not even getting to the ticket page - it's just giving the "tickets unavailable" box as if they haven't even gone on sale :mad:

You know they're onsale at O2s blueroom, not ticketmaster's main site...?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Cicero wrote: »
    Just got 2 standing....tried for a specfic row first time round and it said no availability so tried a 2nd time for best @ any price and came back with standing tickets......happy days ............:D

I've just bought the 2 standing I need as well :). Got the ticketfast tickets and it says Section STAND but gives a row and set number as well...

All the way through it said Standing, so I presume the row and seat numbers are just for ticket control...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Got 4 seats no probs . .

Tester46 wrote: »
    I've just bought the 2 standing I need as well :). Got the ticketfast tickets and it says Section STAND but gives a row and set number as well...

All the way through it said Standing, so I presume the row and seat numbers are just for ticket control...?

Yeah it is just for ticket control. I've been at a couple of standing gigs in the o2 and there is always a seat number on it. It doesnt mean anything once you get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I'm not with O2 - how many of the standing tickets would be allocated to O2 customers? It makes the chance of getting standing on Thursday less likely. Might have to get one of the codes to be on the safe side. I don't want to end up way up at the side sitting. I thought the standing were the €65 tickets but it is €76 - will this be the same for the general sale or is it more expensive for O2 customers? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

surprised that it isn't all seated, but picked up a couple of standing tickets earlier - no problems, didn't look like the usual madness, but would think it will sell well as time goes on......just happy that I'll get to see him - another one to mark off the list :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

4 seats in block A together... the wife (and bump) will be delighted. cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

4 seats in block A together... the wife (and bump) will be delighted. cant wait

How did you get block A!!! It wouldnt let me choose it!

Congrats by the way . .

Advertisement