Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Wonder- form an orderly queue!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

block A was where the tickets where allocated when i chose that priced selection.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

got offered Block A too - but 27 rows back in the seats when there's standing available I decided to throw them back and get Standing......the missus would probably prefer to sit - but she'll enjoy being in the thick of it just as much....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I bought two standing tickets this morning in a stage of panic and excitement and now realise I can't actually make it. Rang ticketmaster and tried to explain but they don't cancel orders. So dumb. Ah well, off to toutless I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

I will take them from you if you dont want them

Corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Have my ticket too! So happy :D Home from work now and listening to his wonderful songs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Just tried to get 2 standing and it appears to be sold out? Anyone else still trying?:(

SB-08 wrote: »
    Just tried to get 2 standing and it appears to be sold out? Anyone else still trying?:(

I'm surprised the presale lasted as long as it did! I took no chances and booked at exactly 9am. Main sale is Thursday morning at 9am so just make sure you are online then and fingers crossed you will get them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

I cant buy in the presale so am hoping to get tickets thursday morning. I read the tips on this thread and they sound great.

One question - I want as many tickets as I can get (no I'm not a tout I just know so many people who want to come!!) so how many tickets will I go for? If I go on at 9am on the dot and select 8 tickets do I have a chance? Or would I be better off just going for 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 older smiley

Drumpot wrote: »
    How did you get block A!!! It wouldnt let me choose it!

Congrats by the way . .

You do know that block A and G are the worst two lower blocks and H and p are the worst two higher blocks .you might not even see the back of the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Just got my tickets. Delighted:D So it came to over €82 including service charge - certainly not cheap but I am sure it will be worth it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Got 4 tickets. They're in the nosebleed section of Block P so they're not very god but the music sounds the same wherever you're sitting, and it'll be sounding pretty fucking great at this gig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

SB-08 wrote: »
    Just got my tickets. Delighted:D So it came to over €82 including service charge - certainly not cheap but I am sure it will be worth it.:cool:

After ten past 9 now and you can still get standing tickets.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Got 4 tickets. They're in the nosebleed section of Block P so they're not very god but the music sounds the same wherever you're sitting, and it'll be sounding pretty fucking great at this gig. :D

lol how hell did that happen i have been clickin last few mins for 8 tickets and all were standing

Yep still standing tickets there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

lol how hell did that happen i have been clickin last few mins for 8 tickets and all were standing

Yep still standing tickets there

Standing were a tenner a ticket more expensive or whatever and my fiancée wanted to sit so the combination of the two put us there.

Weird i was looking and there seats up the back more expensive then the standing ones

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

4 standing....brilliant:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MysticFred

I'm surprised it hasn't sold out already. There are still tickets for sale.

I know and at moment im feckin stuck with two tickets one for standing in o2 and one for hyde park lol

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Don't forget a lot of independent record shops in the bigger towns also sell tickets over the phone with a credit card.
    Got mine in Trax in Portlaoise. Seated Block M as couldn't be doing with looking at someone's back all night...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

These are my top tips for getting tickets that usually sell out in minutes.

Tip #1. Register a Ticketmaster account and add your credit card to it. Sign into your Ticketmaster account BEFORE 9am. That way you won't have to take up valuable seconds entering your details when you only have 2 minutes to buy the tickets.

Tip #2. Use multiple browsers (not windows), e.g. Firefox and IE. The cookies won't match so it's like using two different PCs at the same time. Multiple windows do not work as Ticketmaster will recognise this due to the matching cookies and you could be blocked.

Tip #3. Sync your computers clock to the world atomic clock time. This should be what Ticketmaster uses. That way when it's 9am on your clock it should be 9am on Ticketmaster's. Simple but effective.

Tip #4. Before 9am put "Stevie Wonder" in the search box but don't click search. Wait till your clock strikes 9, give it a few seconds and then click search. When the results come up the link on the Stevie Wonder O2 concert should now bring you to the "Find Tickets" page. If you search before 9am you will get see something like "More info". Then at 9am you'll have to refresh the page to get "Find Tickets" and refreshing on Ticketmaster at busy times is not a good idea. I've spent 15 minutes looking at a blank screen waiting for it to load!

Tip #5. If you get the chance to find tickets, and really want to go to the concert, choose "best available" ticket. If you limit your choice of ticket price you limit your chances of getting one. Be prepared to pay top dollar though.

Tip #6. If you're really hardcore you can call Ticketmaster at the same time as browsing their site. Who knows maybe you'll get through to an operator! (I never have!)

Tip #7. The best one in my opinion!! If you keep getting a "no tickets available" message, all may not be lost. Adjust your number of tickets to 3 or 1. Ticketmaster could have 3 seats available but will not release them to someone who searches for 2, because this will leave 1 seat behind that might be difficult to sell. If you search for 3, hey presto! 3 tickets. Only need 2? Sell the other one to someone who deserve to go. So searching for odd numbers might work. (I've done this myself before. Needed 4 tickets, couldn't get them together, but got 3 and 1 instead. Turned out the 1 on its own was only 3 rows behind.)

Tip #8. Don't give up. I got a ticket for one of the U2 concerts an hour after they had apparently all sold out. Also a certain number of tickets are kept for corporate sponsors. Very close to the show if these tickets look like they won't be used they are released to the public. This is usually not publicised. This can be very good as you can wind up with top seats, e.g. front row, corporate box.

So they're my top tips and they've worked alright for me so far! Hope they work for you.

Just thinking that this is really excellent, wondering if it could be stickied or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

I got
    Block K Row 46

Im gonna have nosebleeds arent I? :)

JDee wrote: »
    I got
    Block K Row 46

Im gonna have nosebleeds arent I? :)

I've never been that far back so can't really say but got dizzy looking up at there. Why didn't you get standing? At least you will have a good view but binoculars might be a good idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

musicmania wrote: »
    I've never been that far back so can't really say but got dizzy looking up at there. Why didn't you get standing? At least you will have a good view but binoculars might be a good idea :D

I'd have to agree - that's one of the reasons I got standing, personally I normally prefer standing anyway, but the seats in the O2 when there's standing available is far enough back as it is, but when in the nosebleeds I don't see a huge benefit in having a seat in a different county ;-)

having said that JDee I'd much rather be in the nosebleeds in the O2 Dublin rather than London - so steep in that arena.....
    at the end of the day it won't matter the music will win the day :-)

Its mad that nearly all seats are gone for this only block N it seems is left.

But theres loads of standing seats.
    Way back at the top are more then 100 euro the standing right at front is bout 80 euro ???.
    I mean most gigs ive been to in o2 i usually stand even if i have a seated ticket. That and the fact the standing crowd i doubt is gonna be wild lol i mean its a stevie wonder gig after all not a heavy metal one :p

Recession my arse....

Its mad that nearly all seats are gone for this only block N it seems is left.

Way back at the top are more then 100 euro the standing right at front is bout 80 euro ???.
    I mean most gigs ive been to in o2 i usually stand even if i have a seated ticket. That and the fact the standing crowd i doubt is gonna be wild lol i mean its a stevie wonder gig after all not a heavy metal one :p

Recession my arse....

Oh there is a recession alright.... Just not when it comes to seeing my favourite artists playing live. In regards standing tickets I would much rather stand than sit. Atmosphere is much better! And it is normally cheaper too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Interesting... :)

Heads up to anyone who wants a better seat apart from the very back ones i spot seats in block b just now onsale.

Interesting... :)
    Only noticed i said that now lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Yeah, the whole red area (rows 23-30) of Block B are available now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Very surprised there's still tickets available for this....

Advertisement