Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Wonder- form an orderly queue!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

mbroaders wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it although the i thought the pacing was off. Was hoping he would play much more up tempo numbers and not quite so many ballads but thats a minor enough criticisim. Amazed by how good his voice still is. In fairness, if he was on stage farting in a microphone for two hours i would still think he was a genius :)
    Whatever floats your boat I guess. I've already seen him live once and he was out of this world, unfortunately the O2 gig paled in comparison and almost everyone in our group said the same thing, some weren't impressed at all.

I know it seems a bit rich coming away from a Stevie Wonder gig with complaints, however I do feel the Irish were given the short end of the stick here. I'm sure by the time he graced the stage in Glastonbury or Hyde Park the show will be ten times better, I just don't appreciate being a guinea pig for the rest of the European tour. Tickets were hardly cheap.

On a side note, was disappointed not to hear Part Time Lover, Overjoyed and As but he still played 3 or 4 numbers nobody knew. Very disjointed setlist and as I say, falls below the very high bar the man has set for himself.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I loved the gig - absolutely fantastic. I've seen alot of 'legends' live but never have I felt I was truly in the company of greatness as with Stevie. It was very special hearing all those classics live with such an amazing group of musicians. Shame he missed out a few that wouldve gone down a storm such as Part Time lover, As, Overjoyed, I Was Made To Love Her etc - any of them wouldve been better to end with than that song with the choir. No-one seemed to know it and it was too slow to end such an upbeat gig where I have never seen so many people dancing before in one place.:D

He is doing brilliantly at Glasto right now - putting both the Gorillaz and Muse to shame - and it's even more amazing considering all the young people enjoying 40 year old songs so much. Neither of those acts will have that effect in my view - both very good bands but wouldve been better for other 'legends' to headline Fri and Sat seeing as it's the 40th...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ludo_2002

I've just watched the Glastronbury performance...this time I could hear what he was saying to the audience which I couldn't last thursday! For those who missed Glasto the set was very similar - they've worked a new routine for 'fingertips'. I think the criticism of the uneven tempo of the set still holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

SB-08 wrote: »
    He is doing brilliantly at Glasto right now - putting both the Gorillaz and Muse to shame - and it's even more amazing considering all the young people enjoying 40 year old songs so much. Neither of those acts will have that effect in my view - both very good bands but wouldve been better for other 'legends' to headline Fri and Sat seeing as it's the 40th...

Well Gorillaz were drafted in to replace U2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

SB-08 wrote: »

I don't know which Muse show you were watching. They were fantastic and outdid their pyramid stage performance from a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I seen Stevie Wonder on Saturday night in London's Hyde Park, as part of the Hard Rock Calling festival, Firstly I gotta admit I'm not the biggest Stevie fan, but I thought the gig was very ordinary, almost boring in places, his banter in between songs was pretty funny, and he had some good tunes, but overall it was pretty underwhelming,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I seen Stevie Wonder on Saturday night in London's Hyde Park, as part of the Hard Rock Calling festival, Firstly I gotta admit I'm not the biggest Stevie fan, but I thought the gig was very ordinary, almost boring in places, his banter in between songs was pretty funny, and he had some good tunes, but overall it was pretty underwhelming,

Cant remember last hour of his apperence at hard rock calling was to busy going around asking people did they want a pound :p dont ask if i happened to ask u sorry i was really drunk haha.

But ya anyway he seemed great from what i remember at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Paris people got lucky with Prince coming out to perform Superstition with Stevie. Not much chance of Prince coming to Ireland again any time soon i imagine!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usUM-K4M-XY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

He's an unpredictable guy - said he was done with Touring, but you never know, a lot of people have said that and then changed their minds....

mbroaders wrote: »
    Paris people got lucky with Prince coming out to perform Superstition with Stevie. Not much chance of Prince coming to Ireland again any time soon i imagine!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usUM-K4M-XY

He would find it hard getting a promoter if he came back here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MaryDub

Thought he was great but intresting to hear other views.

MaryDub wrote: »
    Thought he was great but intresting to hear other views.

Just that you know my last post was about Prince!!! I thought Stevie was BRILLIANT and he would have no problems coming back!!

Advertisement