Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory card/bridge Qs. HELP NEEDED!

• 12-04-2010 3:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey there, i recently shot a lot of stuff on a 8bg memory card, my camera (nikon D40) broke so i then purchased a new nikon D90 and continued to use and shoot on the same memory card. I downloaded the pics from the memory card from both cameras (they appeared in two different folders within the memory card for each camera) with no trouble, the pictures show up in the downloaded folder. I then tried to open them via bridge and found out all the pictures from the D90 folder wont open on bridge, it just shows the little raw file symbol. The pictures from the D40 folder appear to open without any trouble. Does anyone know why this is? Or how to fix it or anything? I have shot A LOT of pictures on this card using the D90 for a project that is due soon so its something of an emergency! Any help or info greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

newer raw codec on the d90, google nikon raw codec, hopefully will allow viewing, what version of bridge you using? could be too old for the d90

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Using bridge CS4, i have the adobe suite and it wont open on PS either. I took some pics using the D90 on another memory card, brand new, and they also wouldnt open in bridge.
    What is the nikon codec? Hows does it work?

Googled it there, it appears to be for windows and therefore wont download for my mac...any other thoughts or suggestions? Once again greatly appreciated!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

check what version your camera raw is in photo shop, from 5.1 the d90 is supported

Ok, i think i did this right, clicked into ps and then into "about plug in" and then "camera raw" it says on the little window that popped up its version 5.0.0.178, is that right? Or wrong as the case may be.

theres the issue, you need to update it, dont have a mac so cant help there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Dont have a mac either but with the plug ins you need to download them, then put them in the relevant folder so yours needs to go into the adobe bridge plug in folder, thats how it is with pc anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

if you need them urgently, you could convert to DNG and then open in PS?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4033

Or here is the link to the Mac Camera Raw 5.1 update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4063

Thank u! Ill give that a shot! At this point ill try anything! Tho this is weird, and annoying, does this happen regularly to people?

veryrandom wrote: »
    Thank u! Ill give that a shot! At this point ill try anything! Tho this is weird, and annoying, does this happen regularly to people?

yup when you upgrade cameras this happens unless you always have the most up to date software

Finally got it sorted! Thanks all so much for your help! I had no idea that thats what had happened so i was freaking out but now it makes sense and its all fixed so thanks again! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement