Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclemeter App for Iphone

• 12-04-2010 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone been using this app and how accurate have they found it.

The uploading to calendar and graphs are pretty cool.

http://www.abvio.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Looks cool but there's no way I'm putting my iphone in my jersey pocket. I've seen first hand what happens to a poorly placed ipod shuffle, sweat is a pretty destructive liquid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Looks cool but there's no way I'm putting my iphone in my jersey pocket. I've seen first hand what happens to a poorly placed ipod shuffle, sweat is a pretty destructive liquid!

i wouldn't put my iphone in jersey either(or risk the app killing my battery while i'm in the bog hole of nowhere), though my shuffle is generally on the inside of my jersey and has done quite well even in rain.(3rd gen shuffle with external controls case thingy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

I used it at the weekend and it was pretty good. It keeps telling me my GPS signal is weak but it carried on working anyway and the mapping function was reasonably accurate - even when I lost coverage in that dip down by Powerscourt Waterfall.

Have been trying to find a supplier for the BioLogic iPhone Bike mount with no luck. I've been keeping it in my Jersey for a while now and no issues with moisture... it goes in a sandwich bag if there is any rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

been using sportstarcker on my nokia for a year or so phone in a sandwich bag seems to sort out the sweat issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

I was out on a spin with a guy recently who had a lovely little handlebar bracket for his i-phone. Had the cycling app running for the whole session. Looked really impressive! I checked with my GPS and the speed, elevation data was very accurate compared to mine. Have to say i'm coming around to the idea of getting an iphone...

• Advertisement
Advertisement