Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R. 3 announcement trailer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1st was brilliant, 2nd was pretty ****. Dont have high expectations for the 3rd. Plus, its called F.3.A.R ...gayest name ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep... Tis a fairly gh3y name.

I still haven't played the second one after being fairly unimpressed with the demo, and this one doesn't even have Monolith behind it, so big fat "meh" from me...

Wonder what Monolith are working on now? Most likely Condemned 3, but how awesome would it be to finally get Blood 3 or No one lives forever 3???

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

will have to do some amazing work to get away from the utter crap that was FEAR2 - had such high hopes for that game which despite some atmospheric scenes and some decent canon was a total clusterf*ck gameplay wise

Despite Fear 1/condemned being amazing dont sing the praises of monolith they introduced a IWNet style lobby system which barely worked for FEAR2 and launched a game that was barely beta quality (and some subsequent DLC that dropped like lead balloon)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay... wtf is with these movie style trailers for games... they became really popular, and REALLY annoying!!!

I guess its for young generation, just bullf*ck the minds of youngsters, so they would buy those games...

reminds me old days of Nes, where the pictures on cartridges were awesome, but when you turn on the game it looks crapy pixeleted picture...

i loved the first one, havent even finished second one yet... Thought i have hopes for this one... hope dies last...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I have very little hope for this one for reasons already given; although FEAR 2 was enjoyable enough, mainly due to my love of the overall story and the decent atmos.

Live action trailer was pants though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meh - the second was pretty poor overall so not sure why we need a third.

On the upside, maybe with Monolith freed from this franchise they'll go back and do another No One Lives Forever game. One can only ever hope they will embrace their former lighter side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I saw the 2nd going for 5.95 on zavvi.com but its out of stock and on play.com for a 10.49,is it worth that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Loved the first one and thought the second was pretty damn entertaining. I'll certainly be picking up the third, just to continue the story if nothing else.

Advertisement