Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Tatooist in Leeds.

Options
  • 12-04-2010 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks for yet another "Could you recommend a good tattooist in..." thread, no doubt you're all sick of them, but my missus wants a cover up of a very old (and very bad) tattoo and we're bewildered at the sheer number of tatooists here in Leeds, and we've no contacts in the industry. I was wondering if any of you folk, through your web of contacts etc... knew of, or could recommend, a good tattooist in the Leeds area.

Thanks in Advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Wouldnt know of any tattoo studio's in the uk really, but if you check out bigtattooplanet.com, they have a forum section which is mainly based in uk. Lot of good artists on there too and they will give you good advice on the studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

joey100 wrote: »
    Wouldnt know of any tattoo studio's in the uk really, but if you check out bigtattooplanet.com, they have a forum section which is mainly based in uk. Lot of good artists on there too and they will give you good advice on the studios.

Thanks for that joey, good steer, massively appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

If you like traditional stuff Ben @ Inspirations is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

Its a little bit of a trek, but "72 Tattoo" in Urmston, Manchester have inked myself and most of my family, sister lives local, and they are first class. There's a waiting list for Sean but its worth it.

Its a little bit of a trek, but "72 Tattoo" in Urmston, Manchester have inked myself and most of my family, sister lives local, and they are first class. There's a waiting list for Sean but its worth it.

I know this place only because of the two people who used to work there (Graeme and Rachel) and now that they've left I really wouldn't advise going to that shop. Graemes in a new shop in Manchester 81 Ink with Danny Rossiter who does really nice Japanese work. There's also MVL Tattoo in Leeds. Diego is top notch as is Sol.

• Advertisement

They were both apprentices. Sean and Gavin are the partners who run the shop. It's Sean who tattooed Wayne Rooney & Co.

Yep, they were both apprentices. They were both better then the other two though, by a long shot. Rachels working in Modern Body Art in Birmingham now which is a pretty well regarded shop. Tattooing footballers doesn't make your work good. I've seen the other two's portfolios and their poor to average.

I agree that tattooing footballers doesn't mean you're good, but with experience comes technique. I have been tattooed by Rachel, the pic is on her facebook page, and it took over a month to heal, and I've had to have the scarring covered up. And before you ask, it was done this year, not long before she finished up in 72. I know how to aftercare, I have 2 full sleeves and a full back piece as well as legs etc, she was/is just exceptionally heavy handed. I have never seen any problems withany of the work done by either Sean or Gav.

Fair enough, I just don't think the two artists currently there are up to scratch especially when you recommended them to someone looking for an artist in Leeds. Are they really worth the trip to Manchester? Anyways OP go to Ben or MVL.

Advertisement