Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good Pubs

• 12-04-2010 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi!
    Thinking of visiting Waterford for a weekend and was just wondering if there are any good pubs I should check out. Perhaps somewhere where you can get a bite to eat too!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

Both The Ginger Man and Geoffs are nice pubs and the food in both is very good.

Old style pubs such as Jordans , McLoughlins and Tom Meaghers have much to recommend them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

for vititors... I always would recommend T&H's good old style pub and generally nice trad music onn as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Thanks for that will check them out!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

masons is a must for the matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

depends what you like really, for me twister vicks is the best pub in town with the best music( u can have rock songs etc and the more usual stuff on the radio), but as everyone here seems to be swayed by whats popular never has many people there, if u want popular songs and a lot of people i'd say masons or revolution, though it does tend to be so loud u cant hear the person next to u screaming in ur ear, i think people must only go to these places to get off with someone as u couldnt possibly go for a social one unless its during the day.
    The kazbar is more of the same but on a much quieter level and as already mentioned t&h doolans is the place to go for a trad pub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The kazbar is more of the same but on a much quieter level

I think for the kazbar it depends on which floor you are on. I'm a middle floor sort of guy, sometimes going up to the top for live music.

The Kazbar is pricey though, and some of the staff fairly unfriendly (though others are sound).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

never been up on the other floors tbh, only been in there a few times, what are the mysterious upper floors like? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

never been up on the other floors tbh, only been in there a few times, what are the mysterious upper floors like? lol

They are a mythical land of unicorns and mermaids :)

I wouldn't want to give more information and take away the mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Its the land of the leprechauns up there....I had a great time in the Can Can Club up near the Mayors Walk...lol

Advertisement