Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera repair

• 12-04-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi everyone!

I have a Pentax K100d Digital SLR which was working perfectly up to recently until one day I was looking through the pictures on it when it died. I thought the batteries were dead so I replaced them but it still will not power up! The only sign of life from it is the low battery indicator symbol flashing on the top of the camera. From searching on the internet I have noticed some reports of this being a common problem with this camera but I couldn't find any solutions to it. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to send it for repair now unless anyone knows of a fix for this problem??
    Does anyone know of a good camera repair shop in Limerick, Cork or Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have the very same camera and as far as I'm aware there is no fix to this problem. It works fine with normal batteries as they are 1.5V but for some reason it won't work with rechargeables anymore as they are 1.2V.

It's a very frustrating problem as the camera worked fine and then one day...... zilch. It's doubly annoying as the camera actually works perfectly. The only solution I came across was that some people had bought Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I really should try this myself but I've pretty much resigned myself to buying a new camera......... I need an excsuse to spend €1K on the K-7.

Where did you buy your camera from incidently? I got mine from Argos. I had been thinking about going back to them, mentioning that it's something of a known fault and seeing what would happen. Probably nothing but it's certainly worth lodging €25 with the Small Claims Court as opposed to buying a new camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 willier

I bought it from Pixmania about 2 years ago. I wouldn't have been using it an aweful lot but just when I was getting into it again it died!
    This did happen before about 6 months ago and when I fitted new Energiser Litium batteries it started working again. I thought that the batteries were actually dead that time even though they hadn't been in it that long. I had another set of Energiser Litium batteries this time but they still didn't work so I tried a new set of cheaper batteries just in case the Litiums were dodgey. I might try those Sanyo batteries as a final fling for the craic. Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement