Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

Hello to everyone ...my oh and i are heading down to kinsale for a few days tomorrow..got a good deal for the Carlton hotel...the plan is maybe go out to scull and get the ferry to clere island one day..do some walking sight seeing the other days....anyone got any interesting recommendation for place to eat out or thing to do..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

go to fishy fishy in kinsale all local fish food there its yum
    also if u want to go to cape clear i recommend u go from baltimore two nice pubs over looking the water and also a nice walk to the beacon as for food if u want a good soup and sandwich i recommend bushes bar but if u want steak or pizza then jacobs bar/jolie breise
    on another day maybe go out schull and go out to the mizen a nice spot in schull is the bunratty inn for food

and for goin trhough skibbereen if ur hungry the church restaurant on bridge street is a brilliant spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

podsieboy wrote: »
    go to fishy fishy in kinsale all local fish food there its yum

and for goin trhough skibbereen if ur hungry the church restaurant on bridge street is a brilliant spot

Couldn't agree more here, Fishy Fish is top notch, but can be a little pricey, is worth the price though!

I haven't been in the Church since the arson attack. If it's the same owners and management then you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Some suggestions. . .

To do
    Visit Charles fort.
    Surf lesson garretstown / Inchydoney.
    Whale watching from Baltimore with a stop off at Cape clear (Nic).
    Visit Timoleague abbey.
    Visit Bantry house.

To Eat
    Thai Cottage, Kinsale. (Great green curry)
    Malthouse Granery, Clonakilty
    Longfellows steakhouse, Rosscarbery.
    (As mentioned already the church restaurant in skibb has a good atmosphere.)

Nightlife
    Music in Debarras pub clonakilty.
    The Shanakee pub kinsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Longboard wrote: »

To Eat
    Thai Cottage, Kinsale. (Great green curry)
    Malthouse Granery, Clonakilty
    Longfellows steakhouse, Rosscarbery.
    (As mentioned already the church restaurant in skibb has a good atmosphere.)

Must add An Súgan (for seafood) in Clonakilty :)

Must try Longfellows myself sometime...

Advertisement