Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to open the boot with the spare key

• 12-04-2010 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Guys,

Having troubling opening my boot with the spare key. The orginal key is lost at the moment and it was a central locking key which one button open the boot. Now with the spare key, i have to put the key into the car to open the door which is fine but the boot is locked.
    Is there some kind of lock i need to open to allow the boot to open/close manually.

My car is a Ford Focus 1.6 Estate - Year 05

Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there a lock/unlock button on the drivers door to operate the central locking, that might unlock the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

Just the standard open thingy to open the door when exiting. Can't see anything to indicate boot door! Frustrating:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is there a badge on the back that needs to be flipped to show the lock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

isn't there a microswitch under the number plate. AFAIK these have been known to fail due to water ingress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe crawl into the boot from the back of the car and pulling the emergency release inside? Of course a one-time solution but will work until you get a new key.
    The button for the boot should be on the instrument panel, next to the cluster. If it is fitted.

Owners manual http://www.focusplanet.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From memory there is no key lock on the boot. The boot opens via a micro switch sensor housed where the number plate lights are. It is well known for shorting out due to water lodging there from the boot.

It is possible that the spare key is not designed to open the boot for security reasons. OP, give a Ford dealer a ring, they should be able to tell you straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Your spare is likely a Valet Key, which allows the car to be driven and locked but not open the boot or locking glovebox if there is one.

God, it sound like a valet key now...damn!!! not what i wanted to hear.
    Wonder how long it would take to order a new key and would i have to go back to the dealer that sold me the car or any FORD dealer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How many keys do they come with. thought with the Focus there was one remote key and one non remote and no valet key

My brother has a Focus and both keys will do everything despite one not having buttons.

both should be able to do all the functions of the car. thought Ford valet keys were really simple looking T shaped things?

How much would a new coded key would cost??? Please god, dont let be too much!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement