Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goose & Dog getting "Cosy"

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I hope someone can help with this. I have recently discovered that the Gander I bought before Chrismas is actually a Goose who currently is laying eggs. I heard a comotion in our shed on Saturday and lo and behold she had just laid and was going bananas as he dog was in the process of robbing the egg. I managed to snatch the egg out of the make shift nest and shooed off the dog. Then the goose started hissing and pulling at an old chain which is attached to the wall. Anyone know why this is?

Anyway, my main question is this:
    Yesterday as I was reading the paper in the car in the yard, the dog came over and sat beside the door in the sun. A minute or so later, over waddles the goose and starts nibbling at his coat in several places. I expected him to make for the hills as he's a total coward but no - he actually rolled over on his back and she continued on. I got out of the car as I was stunned. Then followed a lot of mutual sniffing and then the goose attempts what looked like a bit of nookie. Now all my cats and hens would gleefully set fire to this poor mut as he's a total egg bandit. Whatever this was, she was standing right next to me which is also unusual as she normally keeps her distance. I'm just flabbergasted. Any ideas?
    :confused:

Advertisement