Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 7 Day Fat Burning Diet

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all, I searched for this among the threads and couldn't find anything which related to it... So I've decided to post my own thread about my journey on this 7 Day Fat Burning Diet (which begins today).

For anyone who doesn't know what this diet consists of (which was me up until yesterday), here is a brief:

Day 1
    Unlimited fruit (except for bananas) and the soup at least twice. Drink tons of unsweetened tea, unsweetened fruit juice, and water.

Day 2
    Ulimited vegetables and the soup at least twice. Drink tons of unsweetened tea, unsweetened fruit juice, and water.

Day 3
    Unlimited veg + fruit (same as above, just a collaboration of the 2 days)

Progress: By this day you should expect to lose between 5-7 lbs, if you are sticking to this 100% and have not cheated!!

Day 4
    Eat only soup and bananas, and drink non-fat milk and water. Eat as many as 4 bananas, and drink 4 x 8oz glasses of non-fat milk, and as many glasses of water as you wish. Bananas are high in calories & carbs and so is milk, but on this particular day your body will need the carbs, potassium, proteins, and calcium to lessen craving sweet things.

Day 5
    Beef + tomato day. You may have 10-20oz (about 450g) of lean beef (or chicken) and 2.5oz can of tomatoes (about 70g) or 6 fresh ones. Drink tons of water to wash out acid from today. Eat soup at least twice.

Day 6
    Beef + veggie day. Eat to your hearts content all the beef & veggies you want. Eat soup at least twice.

Day 7
    Eat only brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice & vegetables. Stuff yourself. Eat soup at least twice.

The SOUP (fat burning) ingredients:
    - 2 Large onions
    - 1 bunch of celery
    - 1 Large cabbage
    - 2 chicken stock cubes
    - 2 green peppers
    - 2 x tins of chopped tomatoes
    - 1 packet of soup mix (I used vegetable for 1, and tried french onion for the other)

By the end of this diet (if you have not cheated!!!) you should lose something between 10-17 lbs. (Here's hoping..)

Remember:
    NO ALCOHOL, NO DIET DRINKS (or regular fizzy drinks)
    DRINK ONLY WATER, UNSWEETENED TEA, BLACK COFFEE, UNSWEETENED FRUIT JUICE, AND SKIMMED MILK (ON DAY 4)

I'll be logging my progress so feel free to comment, let me know if you're going to try it, and whatever else you care to share. Also if you have any more questions about this diet, etc. x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A pound of fat is approximately 3500 calories.

Average person requires about 2000-2500 calories a day. If you're trying to lose weight, it is recommended to have a calorie deficit of about 500 calories a day, which would be 1lb a week.

For a weight loss of 10lbs in a week, just by eating, you would need to have a calorie deficit of 5000 calories a day. I'm sorry, but that's not healthy. And you'd have to do a lot of exercise each day in order to use those calories. It is recommended to lose about 1-3lbs a week in order to keep the weight off.

I'm definitely no expert, but I'm sorry, your diet sounds ridiculous and dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 linger.xo

Thanks for your input, paddyirishman85, and I see what you're saying. The thing about this diet is that it's specifically for a quick result to lose weight (I'm going to Sicily in June so I want to shed a few pounds before then, and this will definitely give me that boost I need to get going again) Also contrary to other rapid weight loss diets, such as Lipotrim (which strips away your muscle), this one actually is a fat burning diet. It was developed by the Sacred Heart Medical Hospital for overweight patients who suffer from heart problems and need to lose weight quickly before surgery. http://www.digitaltimes.com/health/Fat-BurningDiet.htm

July? You have plenty of time to lose that weight and maybe more without having to resort to such extremes. July means you have at least 10 weeks, and you could easily lose 2-3lbs a week. And what's more, it'll be a lot more sustainable.

And I'm not sure about that site you linked to.

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/sacred-heart-diet

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/299406/the_sacred_heart_medical_diets_dangerous.html

And from the Sacred Heart Medical Centre's website itself:

http://www.shmc.org/index.php/page/298

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 linger.xo

June! Okay that's fair enough, I should have researched that part further, thank you for your concern and for clarifying that it is not endorsed by the SHMC, however I still think I'm going to give this a go, and I will still post my results as well as an update before Sicily!

My apologies, I must have misread it as July. If you do decide to go with this diet, just be careful. Maybe a quick visit to a dietician or doctor? Even just talking to a personal trainer at the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Sounds like a knock-off of the "Mayo Clinic Diet" which was also supposedly fat burning and used for patients at the Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic had no input whatsoever and never endorsed such a diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

This looks like a detox method that was on the Afternoon Show.. It focused on a tomato based soup also they recommended it for 3 days.. seriously will power required Id say! will be interesting! good luck wit it! will stay tuned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

God that sounds absolutely awful!

I am no expert but that amount of weight in one week is clearly not healthy and most definitely not sustainable.

I have been on and off diets for the last 8 years and I have finally realised that its not about how fast you lose weight as it will only pile back on and then some. Anyone i have ever spoken to about weight loss always says the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off is by changing your eating habits and exercise and aiming for a loss of 1-2lbs per week.

I haven't read the links that were posted but I would assume that the hospital that has divised that plan did so for very over weight people for whom any change in their regular diet would result in a large weight loss at the beginning but that would eventually slow down to smaller amounts.

If you have until june to lose weight why not try weight watchers or unislim. you could lose up to 3lbs per week and if you were to stick with it that could add up to a stone by then. I am on WW atm and have to say id rather eat healthily for 7-8 weeks than put myself through what sounds like hell for one week. I am attending a wedding on 27th may and i aim to lose 10lbs by then by doing it this way and adding some exercise.

If you do decided to stick with that plan good luck with it and be careful and as someone has already said id be seeing a doctor before taking on something so extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

There is nothing about that diet which targets fat in any way. What is remarkable about it is that it has only two days when you are allowed to eat any protein, and there is almost no calcium in it.

"You need carbs to lessen cravings for sweet things" - You've got to be kidding.

I'm sorry, this diet is not nutritionally sound, I'm closing down this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement