Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA10 League Season 2

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Season 2 of the League, I'm expecting the majority of players from the last league to participate.
    Congrats to thewools for winning the league, he's a tough man to beat.

We'll be looking for 6 more men to make the league bigger this time, so reply in this thread to be considered for the league.
    The higher your post count on boards.ie the better as newbies tend to drop out and it ruins the overall experience. Afterall it's only a bit of craic!
    Remember that this league has players of all skill levels so if you play end up playing the best players 1st and lose don't be disheartened, we're all not of the same ability!

P.S Read the rules before posting your PSN tag

Players so far:

czam2007 (Crosáidí)
    thewools (thewools)
    El_Spankerton (All in Flynn)
    conco27 (alanc2003)
    colly54 (colly54)
    Uroboric (Topher)
    RobbieSavage (Clemon)
    joe2772 (Hatchets27)
    polarbearhead (polarbearhead)
    CapRooney (CapRooney)
    AsCeNSioN-X (Osu)
    AhaShake (Aha Shake)
    Philt27 (Philt27)
    ManYooFan1 (ManYooFan)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

RULES:

In order to maintain the league, a number of rules have been laid out. Any violations of this code of conduct can be sent to the league co-ordinators (Crosáidí/thewools) and each issue will be investigated.

1) Disconnections
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators. However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects while they are winning, a rematch is immediately scheduled. However, if a player disconnects while drawing or losing the game, a walkover is awarded to the other player. Each player is responsible for their own connection. These rules are final and the cause of the disconnect is irrelevant once it occurs, no exceptions will be given so do not contact players directly looking for a rematch.

2) Last man tackling
    Fifa 10 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'Clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

3) Settings
    While this rule is unenforcable, each player is expected to have all assistance settings on default.

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.

5) Unplayed fixtures
    Due to the amount of unplayed fixtures in previous season we will be bringing in a new rule to make sure people make an effort to play their games. We will have intervals in the season such as the half-way point (we will post specific dates before the season begins) where we will look at the numbers of games played. Players will be expected to have a set amount of games played by this time. If a player has failed to play this amount of games they will be docked 3 points. Every player is responsible for their own fixtures and getting them played. If you find a player is not responding to your messages about organising fixtures then contact the co-ordinators.

6) People Quitting Mid Season
    Due to various reasons we have players who sometimes are unable to complete the league season. In the case of these players any remaining fixtures they have will be awarded a walkover to their opponent. Any games played previously will stand as at this stage the person was still active in the league. If a player quits they are automatically placed at the bottom of the table and will take one of the relegation places at the end of the season. This allows us to keep a group of players in each league who are dedicated to playing their games and making the season enjoyable for everyone involved.

7) Arranging Fixtures
    If you are arranging to play a weekly fixture, post on boards.ie to arrange it with your opponent, this will show the league co-ordinators that you have attempted to contact and play your opponent. You can re-inforce your attempts by sending PMs on boards.ie and PSN after you have posted your request to play. If your opponent doesn't respond to your requests, you may be awarded the points.

8) Walkovers
    Walkovers are generally a 3-0 win, if however you are playing and a disconnection happens and you are winning by a magin of more than 3 goals then that result will stand

© Mr Moon & Axwell 2009
    Rules printed by kind permission from owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Ok looked at the rules Sign Me up! PSN is RobbieSavage

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Im away from 2mr until sunday, so i can fulfil my fixtures when i get back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

AsCeNSioN-X - Osu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Hi sign me up please, i am mate of conco27. my psn is joe2772.

joebward@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Hey lads, i am dyin to get into a league - my mate was in the last one and i wont miss any games - im Philt27.
    My mate is conco27 and i see joe2772 would like to join as well - theyre both friends of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 manyoofan

il join my gamertag is ManYooFan1

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

count me in!psn is polarbearhead too

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Sign me up too.

My psn is philly_c_

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

Hi lads could you sign me up too. PSN = CapRooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

PSN: AhaShake

I don't have a great post-count.....but I've been waiting for a long time to join a league and lurk this forum ALOT! haha.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    We'll be looking for 6 more men to make the league bigger this time, so reply in this thread to be considered for the league.

controversial! :P

Ok this time around there will be 14 teams and we will be using International teams, the majority are 5 star teams with the rest being 4.5 and 4. All teams and players were pulled from a hat, so please pick the team drawn for you when you join the league, thanks

Team
    PSN Tag
    Boards Name

1) Argentina - AsCeNSioN-X (Osu)
    2) Ireland - RobbieSavage (Clemon)
    3) England - Uroboric (Topher)
    4) Spain - colly54 (colly54)
    5) Mexico - polarbearhead (polarbearhead)
    6) Portugal - CapRooney (CapRooney)
    7) Croatia - ManYooFan1 (ManYooFan)
    8) Brazil - El_Spankerton (All in Flynn)
    9) Germany - thewools (thewools)
    10) Italy - joe2772 (Hatchets27)
    11) Czech Rep - conco27 (alanc2003)
    12) Turkey - AhaShake (Aha Shake)
    13) Netherlands - Philt27 (Philt27)
    14) Russia - czam2007 (Crosáidí) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Ok this time around there will be 14 teams and we will be using International teams, the magority are 5 star teams with the rest being 4.5 and 4. All teams and players were pulled from a hat, so please pick the team drawn for you went you join the league, thanks

Team
    PSN Tag
    Boards Name

1) Argentina - AsCeNSioN-X (Osu)
    2) France - RobbieSavage (Clemon)
    3) England - Uroboric (Topher)
    4) Spain - colly54 (colly54)
    5) Mexico - polarbearhead (polarbearhead)
    6) Portugal - CapRooney (CapRooney)
    7) Croatia - ManYooFan1 (ManYooFan)
    8) Brazil - El_Spankerton (All in Flynn)
    9) Germany - thewools (thewools)
    10) Italy - joe2772 (Hatchets27)
    11) Czech Rep - conco27 (alanc2003)
    12) Turkey - AhaShake (Aha Shake)
    13) Netherlands - Philt27 (Philt27)
    14) Russia - czam2007 (Crosáidí) :(
    happy days :)
    someone faster this time :p

when fixtures getting posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

My money is on El Spankerton or Robbie Savage this time around...

I am going to struggle with Germany I reckon. Not much flair and stuggle for pace.

Fixture will be posted Tomorrow at the latest

RobbieSavage does have impressive stats, he's up there with yourself and El_Spankerton.

I was hoping to get Spain myself ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

i could well be the portsmouth of the league with mexico!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The Germans are not too bad in the game tbf. They are efficient as usual and are quality at sets.

I hate Brazil, just cant use them for whatever reason but ill make do ;)

BTW, have to say a thank you to Crosaidi and thewools for running the last league. I enjoyed it for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

no one giving me a chance?? :p
    i came 3rd last time and bet el-spankerton :D
    plus im spain this time.... not slow roma:o

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    no one giving me a chance?? :p
    i came 3rd last time and bet el-spankerton :D
    plus im spain this time.... not slow roma:o

I believe in ya! :pac::pac::pac:

Philly_C wrote: »
    Sign me up too.

My psn is philly_c_

Thanks for including me. :(

Any chance of getting a place?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RULES:

In order to maintain the league, a number of rules have been laid out. Any violations of this code of conduct can be sent to the league co-ordinators (Crosáidí/thewools) and each issue will be investigated.

Nice Rules there ;)

Philly_C wrote: »
    Thanks for including me. :(

Your DNF % was 24% and you have over 200 games played, that means you didn't finished over 50 games you started. Sorry but we want the league to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. We had a few quitters last season and it spoilts it. All newbies stats were assessed and your DNF% let you down.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Nice Rules there ;)

Thanx for them :pac:
    Copy and Paste

Your DNF % was 24% and you have over 200 games played, that means you didn't finished over 50 games you started. Sorry but we want the league to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. We had a few quitters last season and it spoilts it. All newbies stats were assessed and your DNF% let you down.

As I stated in an earlier post at the beginning I had a lot of connection problems so thats why my dnf is so high. I don't have those problems anymore and I've never intentionally quit from any game.

You didn't state that in an earlier post in this thread

You didn't state that in an earlier post in this thread

I posted in the last thread when it was coming close to the end. Any chance that you might expand to 16? If you don't want to then thats fine. If someone drops out early I'd be more than happy to take their place.

There were 15 wanting to play, as you know odd no.s make the fixtures uneven, some one had to miss out. Myself and thewools made a decision on the stats of newcomers. I don't wish to exclude anybody from taking part but we also want to get a good group of reliable gamers.
    If anyone does drop out in the early stages, we will consider you as a replacement

There were 15 wanting to play, as you know odd no.s make the fixtures uneven, some one had to miss out. Myself and thewools made a decision on the stats of newcomers. I don't wish to exclude anybody from taking part but we also want to get a good group of reliable gamers.
    If anyone does drop out in the early stages, we will consider you as a replacement

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Turkey????!!!!!

seriously.jpg

Nah It's ok. I'll just play 7-3-0 formation :cool:

;)

I don't mind THAT much but if anyone ( even mexico.......nah actually....anyone but mexico) wants to swap, Im game.....preferably Brazil (Pato ftw)

Advertisement