Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Newbridge

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Myself, wife and daughter are moving to Newbridge in the Summer and we have been looking at a couple of places to rent. Its seems like any nice place is €1000+. This seems very expensive for a place outside of Dublin...is this the standard in Newbridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Myself, wife and daughter are moving to Newbridge in the Summer and we have been looking at a couple of places to rent. Its seems like any nice place is €1000+. This seems very expensive for a place outside of Dublin...is this the standard in Newbridge?

Newbridge is only 40 mins from Dublin, therefore it has similar prices to Dublin.

what are you looking for?

rents have dropped and there are a lot of places available at the moment so you can haggle.

I know you would get a two bedroom for 550.

it depends on where you are working. if it is newbridge you could rent in aplce like Portlaoise , where it is a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Both of us are working in dublin city centre and we are looking for a 3 bed house at least..we have a lot of stuff that we'll be moving from our current place. We own the house we are moving from so it makes the whole process of moving to a rented place that bit harder cos we have it just the way we like it. Unfortunately, our house is in Carlow, thats why we're moving. We'd like a roomy place in a nice estate with a decent garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Would you consider somewhere like Kilcullen? Its only 5 mins from the m7 motorway (to dublin) and the m9 motorway (to carlow) and it doesn't take too long to go into Dublin. 10 mins from both Naas & Newbridge as well. I just had a quick look on daft and you'd get a few lovely 3 bed houses there for between €700 - €900 pm.

IMO I think newbridge is way over populated and is somewhat losing it's personality and community spirit. No one seems to know each other there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

^^Agree totally,just relocated to Milltown myself from Newbridge.
    We were hoping to get a detachted cottage in Kilcullen first off but time ran out for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Found a really nice place in an estate just off the Athgarvan Road outside Newbridge...close enough for me!

Happy Days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement