Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brand Spanking New Grove Island Information Thread!!

• 12-04-2010 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭

The last one was considered to be out of date.

Anybody here living there currently/lived there recently?

I'm looking to move out for the summer and moving here would be ideal as it is right next to work. Could someone give me some background about the place, recommendations, poo-poos, etc?

Any info and advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

If young & single, its probably the place to be...

Take a 6 month lease, at least you are not committing for the long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Young and single is what I am - but a 6 month lease is too long for me, I'll be in Canada come September. I know that plenty of French and Spanish students come over during the summer months and stay there, and idea on their type of lease/rental agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

op try and find out who rents them out, for example, I was in the same position as u a couple years ago, we wanted to rent in castletroy so we actually went to ul and they gave us a brochure on all the different houses they use to rent etc..so maybe they rent some..or even lit for the art students? if so they should give u all the info needed

dave 27 wrote: »
    op try and find out who rents them out, for example, I was in the same position as u a couple years ago, we wanted to rent in castletroy so we actually went to ul and they gave us a brochure on all the different houses they use to rent etc..so maybe they rent some..or even lit for the art students? if so they should give u all the info needed

It would be the art college crowd yeah. I'm not too worried about that aspect, it's concrete feedback about the standard of accomodation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

oh rite, this might help so, its not feedback but it still shows what the are equipped with etc

http://www.groveisland.com/apartments.htm

http://www.groveisland.com/

for some reason the pricing seems to be for the 2008 season so id say u could get it for way cheaper considering its summer and property value has gone down since then.

• Advertisement

Haha.. Their site is a joke. I e-mailed them months ago and no reply. Hence it went outta my head but I was reminded of it again recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Haha.. Their site is a joke. I e-mailed them months ago and no reply. Hence it went outta my head but I was reminded of it again recently.

hey.im living there and if your referring to the student accom its defo open during the summer and its cheaper than the rest of the year.think its like 240 a month for the summer months.you should give them a buzz really.there are usually a good few spare rooms during the summer

you wha? wrote: »
    hey.im living there and if your referring to the student accom its defo open during the summer and its cheaper than the rest of the year.think its like 240 a month for the summer months.you should give them a buzz really.there are usually a good few spare rooms during the summer

Hey man, cheers for that, it is the student accom I was looking at. Would you know if it'd be possible to just rent by the month there? And have ya any more useful info, like room sizes, facilities etc?

Hey man, cheers for that, it is the student accom I was looking at. Would you know if it'd be possible to just rent by the month there? And have ya any more useful info, like room sizes, facilities etc?

im nt a man but ur welcome ha!ya,i asked them today could i stay on for the summer and they dont mind if its for one month or whatever.ther pretty flexible here n dead on.i thnk its 240 or possibly a lil bit more a month during the summer but just ask them when you ring about that.there are different apartment sizes.anything from 2 bed ones to 5 bed ones.all the rooms are the same size except in some 4bed n 5 bed there is one double bed room and all are en suite.majority of them have a kitchen,dining area n sitting room all in one room but only a few apartments(like the one im in :) )has a seperate sitting room which is much handier :) if you have anymore q's just let me know!!

im nt a man but ur welcome ha!ya,i asked them today could i stay on for the summer and they dont mind if its for one month or whatever.ther pretty flexible here n dead on.i thnk its 240 or possibly a lil bit more a month during the summer but just ask them when you ring about that.there are different apartment sizes.anything from 2 bed ones to 5 bed ones.all the rooms are the same size except in some 4bed n 5 bed there is one double bed room and all are en suite.majority of them have a kitchen,dining area n sitting room all in one room but only a few apartments(like the one im in :) )has a seperate sitting room which is much handier :) if you have anymore q's just let me know!!

One o' dem wimmin-folk are yas?

Haha cheers... And would the rest of the bedrooms be single beds? 60 or so a week.. Not too bad! What about tv, bins, internet and that? Are they extra?

• Advertisement

One o' dem wimmin-folk are yas?

Haha cheers... And would the rest of the bedrooms be single beds? 60 or so a week.. Not too bad! What about tv, bins, internet and that? Are they extra?

watch urself...i may be a neighbour of urs soon enough :P lol yup,the rest would be single beds but they r comfy as hell,i think anyway.everything,tv and bins is included in the price but if you you use the heating like crazy in your own room they add on a little extra to your bill when you leave but its never that steep :) th eonly thing you will hae to pay for is the internet which isnt the fastest but during the summer it aint as clogged up by the damn art students haha

watch urself...i may be a neighbour of urs soon enough :P lol yup,the rest would be single beds but they r comfy as hell,i think anyway.everything,tv and bins is included in the price but if you you use the heating like crazy in your own room they add on a little extra to your bill when you leave but its never that steep :) th eonly thing you will hae to pay for is the internet which isnt the fastest but during the summer it aint as clogged up by the damn art students haha

You're not one of those aforementioned students so I'm guessing? ;)

Heating wouldn't be worrying me too much during the summer!

What kinda rates are ya paying on the internet?

You're not one of those aforementioned students so I'm guessing? ;)

Heating wouldn't be worrying me too much during the summer!

What kinda rates are ya paying on the internet?

correct!!ah they aint all bad.i was being dramatic lol its really annoying.a few years ago the net was free but now you gotta pay 8euro for a two week card or 16euro for a monthly card and theres a download limit of i think 10gb on the monthly one.they have downloading blocked but its easy enough to get around ;)

correct!!ah they aint all bad.i was being dramatic lol its really annoying.a few years ago the net was free but now you gotta pay 8euro for a two week card or 16euro for a monthly card and theres a download limit of i think 10gb on the monthly one.they have downloading blocked but its easy enough to get around ;)

How ironic, someone deriding an art student in a dramatic fashion :p

Blocked d-loading?? Haha.. Gotta love em for trying!

I think I'll phone em up tomorrow and see what the story is, thanks for the help!

How ironic, someone deriding an art student in a dramatic fashion :p

Blocked d-loading?? Haha.. Gotta love em for trying!

I think I'll phone em up tomorrow and see what the story is, thanks for the help!

woteverrrrrrrrrrrrr :P yeah defo give em a buzz tomorrow.think ther open 9-5. mite cya round during the summer so neighbour ;)

She quoted me €70 a week with €300 deposit, no minimum lease needed. How's that sound? I'm considering it.

She quoted me €70 a week with €300 deposit, no minimum lease needed. How's that sound? I'm considering it.

oh ya!forgot i get it a little bit cheaper cuz iv been here all year.oops!i think you should go for it.thats with all bills included like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

BUMP!:D

Im thinking about staying here for College next year, whats it REALLY like?

Oh and whats the internet and TV situation, how much is the connection? is it any good? What TV Channels do u get?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A193 wrote: »
    BUMP!:D

Im thinking about staying here for College next year, whats it REALLY like?

Oh and whats the internet and TV situation, how much is the connection? is it any good? What TV Channels do u get?

I have a friend who's been living there for the last 3 years or so, I'll ask him to reply here for you.

Thanks a lot! Maybe even get him to PM me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm paying 855 per 1/4 for four quarters.
    That includes everything from bins, tv, esb

TV is great.
    Has Sky Sports and Sky Premiere

as well as all the bog standard channels.

They have internet which costs 8 quid for 2 weeks.
    It is very slow though so don't be expecting great speeds.

All the rooms are ensuite as well.

Any other info you need, post here.

Cool thanks! Does it have like Ch4 or E4? I'm a sucker for all my programmes haha.. What's it like to live there? Is it always really noisey? I've heard it's not the place to b if you ever want to sleep haha.. Oh and can u hook up a tv in the bedrooms? Is it a full year contract or quarterly as you said?

Advertisement