Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MS Change Xbox Live Points System

• 12-04-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

US only at the moment, but its only a matter of time before it makes it over here. The change makes huge sense, but probably won't affect me much as I don't buy points via the console.

From Eurogamer:
    Microsoft has changed the options for Microsoft Points in the US, allowing users to purchase the currency in increments of 400, 800 and 1200.

Those are the typical prices for Xbox Live games, so the change means no more left over blocks of small, unused amounts - for example, after buying 500 Points to purchase a 400 Point game.

Earlier this year, the company said that it was trying to be more transparent with its online currency, claiming the Points system was never designed to mislead.

European prices for Microsoft Points remain unchanged at the moment, but we'll keep you posted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This would be super handy, hate having to buy more points than I need.

I would like Perfect Dark but I currently have 710 microsoft points. I do not fancy paying €20-25 for the extra 90points and then suffer the extra impulse buys later on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah good idea alright, was disappointed to see it wasn't integrated here yet when I checked over the weekend - lucky I needed 1000 points and not more :pac: Really is dodgy business practice, guarantees impulse sales of cack ('premium themes' anyone?) and effectively overcharges for everything. PSN does it so much better - though there is a certain amount you have to top up by - either a fiver or tenner - it will helpfully credit you the exact amount you need for the next purchase if you happen to have anything left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I really don't see the issue.
    I've about 3000 points just sitting there. so what ? i'll us them when I see something worth buying. i kind of think its handy. like mobile phone credit

I really don't see the issue.
    I've about 3000 points just sitting there. so what ? i'll us them when I see something worth buying. i kind of think its handy. like mobile phone credit

It's annoying for people who only buy one or two games, ever.

It's annoying for people who only buy one or two games, ever.

Yup I've bought one. And 3 map packs. Thats it. I'm not annoyed. I still fail to see the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Yup I've bought one. And 3 map packs. Thats it. I'm not annoyed. I still fail to see the problem
    The problem is for people who buy games regurlarly, and when they're only say 50 MP short for a game, end up having to buy 1200 because there's no other option available to them.

Slugs wrote: »
    The problem is for people who buy games regurlarly, and when they're only say 50 MP short for a game, end up having to buy 1200 because there's no other option available to them.

Wait wait - the other just told me the problem was for those who buy very few games ?!?!!?!?

so you buy more points to get what you need, then use the rest up some other time. I still don't see a problem. Its like if I need to send a text message that lets say costs me 10c. I only have 5c left so I have to buy credit which is at least 10EUR. Same difference

Advertisement