Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wont hug

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

My 2 year old girl wouldn't give me a hug or kiss when I was leaving her at her nans this morning.
    I know last night we gave her new pjs and she didn't want to take them off this morning, so maybe she got odd at that.
    Yesterday I brought her to the seaside built sand castles and carried her on my shoulder for the rest of the day before we got back home and played horsey in the garden.
    Today, my OH said she is talking about mammy all day and when nan asks abount daddy she just says Gone?
    Why is she ignoring me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

They go through phases. Took me 'til she was 3 and we had a newborn before I got the kind of affection from my daughter that I wanted to be honest. I wouldn't worry though. It'll pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

oh they'd cut you to the bone sometimes op.

don't worry about it, they're as odd as anything sometimes, she'll be grand after awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

My little one was the exact same at 2yrs of age. She just wanted Mam all the time and used to bawl her head off when going away with me. Now it is the opposite at 4yrs old, she wants me all the time and is giving Mam the cold shoulder. She even winds her up at times because she knows that she can. No matter what Mam does she still keeps it up.

Her mam is concerned about it and feeling a bit hurt. I have to remind her and reassure her every now and then that it is just a phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Got home from work last night and got great big hug.:D
    Odd as fish again this morning when leaving her at nans.
    I think she is only messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

According to my girlfriend who has done child psychology in the past they go through a phase until about three years old where they're obsessed with their mother due to the bond they develop.

A child bonds with a mother at birth but unfortunately it can take time for them to bond with their father. Try not to take it personally though it's not that she doesn't love you it's just that she hasn't learned how to express it properly so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

ocokev wrote: »
    Got home from work last night and got great big hug.:D
    Odd as fish again this morning when leaving her at nans.
    I think she is only messing.

Sounds like she's a little upset with you for having to leave her at your nan's in the first place.

Maybe sit her down and give her a bit of a talk about why she has to go to her nan's during the day.

Kids love when you treat them a little older than they are as it makes them feel like they have a little bit of control.

Advertisement