Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus - up to 50% off every seat to Europe

• 12-04-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/index.jsp?campid=ire12Apr2010edm

Until midnight Friday, Aer Lingus has taken up to 50% off every single seat to Europe and the UK!

No restrictions, every seat, every flight, every day including the weekend. All Europe and Uk. Over 5 million seats reduced for travel from April right through to October.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Was checking flights to milan last week and they have gone up by €20 this week during the sale.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Aer Lingus and SALE ...tee hee :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

I've booked a flight to athens 2 weeks ago and they were 275 return,
    they are 230 now, not a great save but it's some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

remember that with Aer Lingus you still need to jump through all the hoops of getting a Visa Electron to avoid the card fees, with Ryanair you just need to buy a prepaid mastercard in Dundrum, Blanch, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Just booked two flights for Portugal in July, saved over €250 on prices quoted last week!! Happy out...........:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

tbh i feel nothing when i see the sales of ryanair/aerlingus,the places i wanna go(which is also places people wanna) will always remain the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

remember that with Aer Lingus you still need to jump through all the hoops of getting a Visa Electron to avoid the card fees, with Ryanair you just need to buy a prepaid mastercard in Dundrum, Blanch, etc

Entropay do both for me with very little hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I checked Cork Lanzarote last week it was 370 pp return. Today its 340.

50% off me hole.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rakmator

Well, just a few days ago I booked a return flight with Aerlingus from Dubin to Heathrow in June. Now, I paid about 105 euro all in, and I just checked the price of it now, and the overall price for the same flights is just over 100 euro. So the difference is just 5 euro... What a sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

I booked flights to amsterdam for the end of june two weeks ago, Saw this offer today and was raging, After having a look though there seems to be little or no difference in the price because the cost of the flights has risen by up to 50% since i booked!! Great sale.... Oh and only the return flight was given as half price, The flight to amsterdam was given @ 33% off.... So much For half price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Key word is 'up to' ;)

They only have to have 1 flight at 50% and they can advertise as that. Little bit sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Ditto here as above....booked flights to Italy the other week, price is near enough the same.

Aer Lingus why do ya bother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's utter BS like 99% of Aer Lingus 'sales'. They basically don't have sales and their spam mails like this put me off what is otherwise a reasonably pleasant alternative to flying with Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Aer Lingus' sales are rubbish compared to Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Just out of interest/boredom I checked flights that I would like to buy to visit a mate in Portugal. A whole €43 off. Wow - better book now. :rolleyes:

I never read the Aer Lingus "sale" emails, just delete them. When I do go to the site, I ignore the "sale" banners and just type in my dates. I can't get back the two minutes that I lose by following their ridiculous "sale" offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah I booked flights to Brussels about 2 weeks ago. They were a cent 1 way & €14.99 the other. Now both ways its €14.99, but total cost is near enough identical... Didn't get charged for credit card though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yeah but its Ryanair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Aer lingus are a nightmare and their sales are a joke, check out cheaptickets.com

Advertisement