Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event Ideas for Navan

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I am an Event Manager based in Navan Co. Meath.

I'm hoping to organise some events for Navan town in local hotels, venues etc.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas of what artists,events etc you would like to see in the town. Doesnt matter what age group as I hope to do a number of events to cater for all ages and tastes.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

A game fair.
    i travel for hours to visit various game fairs around the country each year. would love to see one in Navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

A comedy festival for meath wouldnt be a bad idea, seeing as it has produced some talent in this area Tommy Tiernan & Dylan Moran for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

R3al wrote: »
    A comedy festival for meath wouldnt be a bad idea, seeing as it has produced some talent in this area Tommy Tiernan & Dylan Moran for instance

Second that! We have the arts centre... but nothing ever any good on in there unless youre of an older generation... of theater going age!

Its the perfect venue for comedy or music gigs... it should take a leaf out of the NEC in Killarney... same size as Navan centre and always packed at weekends with everyone from Mundy to Billy Connolly playing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

There are comedy events in the Solstice regularly enough. Kevin Mc Aleer is playing this Friday and Aprés Match in early May. I went to see Ardal O'Hanlon a few weeks back and it was great. But I agree, I'd love to see more comedy acts in Navan as it's a great night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

chewed wrote: »
    There are comedy events in the Solstice regularly enough. Kevin Mc Aleer is playing this Friday and Aprés Match in early May. I went to see Ardal O'Hanlon a few weeks back and it was great. But I agree, I'd love to see more comedy acts in Navan as it's a great night out.

I went to see Ardal too, he was very good :) I'd never been in Solstice before, it's lovely.

But a comedy festival would be a great idea, give opportunities for some up & coming young comedians to showcase themselves, and maybe get one or two big names involved too. There are a few places in Navan that could hold events, so there could be various different acts on over two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Throw stones at the pikey's behind St Pat's??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I went to see Ardal too, he was very good :) I'd never been in Solstice before, it's lovely.

But a comedy festival would be a great idea, give opportunities for some up & coming young comedians to showcase themselves, and maybe get one or two big names involved too. There are a few places in Navan that could hold events, so there could be various different acts on over two days.

Yeah a mini kats laugh style festival, you could use palace, newgrange, lantern, knights, solstice as venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deckydunbar

There's been comedy in the Lantern the last two months and I hear it's been excellent. I believe there's already a comedy festival type thing mooted, so fingers crossed.

Advertisement