Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you water plants

Options
  • 12-04-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭

I have a number of plants planted in my border out the back garden and I was wondering how often they should be watered. Is it every day or every 2 or 3 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

billyhead wrote: »
    I have a number of plants planted in my border out the back garden and I was wondering how often they should be watered. Is it every day or every 2 or 3 days?

If they are outside it will really depend on the weather. Even though we are having some good weather at the moment the ground is still very wet in general and there is plenty of moisture for the plants to get.
    You can also keep an eye on the soil and if you see it drying out beyond the top inch or so then you can give them a water at that point. Also look out for wilting of leaves as this is a sign that the plant is not getting enough water.

Advertisement