Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Dispute] Personal abuse (?)

Options
  • 12-04-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

Hi Admin-folk,

Essentially, I disagree with the mod of the TCD forum on what constitutes personal abuse. Here's what everyone's favourite loveable rogue has posted:
    Boston wrote: »
    Going to the auld polytechnic has made you slow of wit and replaced your ability to reason, if it existed in the first place, with legal garbage.
    Boston wrote: »
    I see UCD has turned you into a parrot.

The rule for personal abuse has always been "attack the post, not the poster." I cannot see how anyone can interpret "UCD has turned you into a parrot" or "you [are] slow of wit" as anything but attacking the poster.

Do I find these particularly offensive? Of course not, I'm made of slightly thicker skin than that :). Plus, I know exactly what Boston is like and I know he's only trying to wind me up. That said, I think I'd be banned if I posted same. I also wouldn't allow something like "Clearly going to UCC has made you crap at economics" to be said on the Economics forum.

Any admin willing to stand up and say neither of those posts do not constitute personal abuse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Bump - it's been three days, any updates?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you werent offended, why are you reporting them? Please answer that, its a serious question.

They are not offensive to you by your own admission. If you hadnt said that then yeah, I probably would have said yeah, they are offensive.

DeV.

Advertisement