Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Rossi's dominance making MotoGP a bit of a bore ?

• 12-04-2010 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok, fairplay to Valentino, he is the greatest no doubt about it. But is it making the sport so predictable and, well, more of a question who will be second ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

No, Stoner was going to win last night until he dumped it.
    Last season championship was by no means guaranteed and would have been closer if Stoner didn't miss 3 races.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Rossi doesn't even come close to dominating the sport. Look at how Schumacker raced ten years ago, that is domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Last season championship was by no means guaranteed and would have been closer if Stoner didn't miss 3 races.
    True, but I'd still reckon Valentino would have taken it all the same but fair enough it's just conjecture.
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Rossi doesn't even come close to dominating the sport. Look at how Schumacker raced ten years ago, that is domination.
    Rossi has won 9 World Championships ( one as 125, one as 250 ), won 104 races.

Schumaker has 7 World Champ. and won 91 races.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    True, but I'd still reckon Valentino would have taken it all the same but fair enough it's just conjecture.

Rossi has won 9 World Championships ( one as 125, one as 250 ), won 104 races.

Schumaker has 7 World Champ. and won 91 races.

Yes but Rossi has won those 9 over many years in different classes. For years it Schuey Schuey Schuey race after race.

Rossi is always entertaining to watch, case in point was the last few laps of Catalunya last year. Can't see any other rider having the balls to pull off that move on the last corner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

His days of near domination are comeing to a end anyway,the competition are getting nearer every race i think,and there is not such a hugh difference in the bikes anymore,they are nearly on a parr now.
    Ben Spies will get a few races under his belt 3/4 this year,and will be then getting to the podium,he deff will be beating Rossi/stoner by the end of the season all going well,he is adopting very well to GP.
    Yes Stoner would have rode her home last night to a win if not for dumping it,dont 4get Rossi was at the bottom of the pile on top speed statistics last night,which looks good for Honda/Ducati.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm a huge rossi fan and I have been since all of my days of watching the sport (since I was 15) he never fails to entertain and he always puts his heart into each race.

I do think he dominated the sport for many years but I don’t ever think this was a bad thing... The battles he has had throughout his career have been immense - truly entertaining, and they are only getting better - this year will be a great one, stone and jorge will be pushing him hard and he'll smile and get on with it - looking forward to seeing spies doing well - but I doubt if he will be winning races this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Ref Spies;;;;;; Do i detect a bet cmeing on here:):) ill take 2/1:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

thetyreman wrote: »
    Ref Spies;;;;;; Do i detect a bet cmeing on here:):) ill take 2/1:)

haha, i gave up gambling! I never got things write!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    True enough, but he doesn't have Rossi's consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

All Rossi (the gay :D) is, is the best of the current crop of riders...if rossi is 100% then stoner is 99.999%..lorenzo 80%....etc..
    And yes it has killed off the excitement of moto gp (for me anyways)..
    Having said that i did enjoy last nights race..gutted for hayden, but still a great finish, and delighted for "spees"..top result...and i think if lorenzo had made his move 3 laps earlier i believe he'd have won it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

No. MotoGP unlike other motor sports have multiple riders capable of winning week to week. I think Stoner will be a big threat this year now that he is fully fit. As a Rossi fan I'd love to see him beat Agostinis records before he finally bows out. Maybe he could switch to my favourite team Suzuki before he retires.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

1 race in? I doubt it.

Was it boring when Mick dominated? No, was it boring when Wayne was the man? No, was it boring when Eddie was winning? No etc etc, Motogp will never be boring. :p

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement