Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Jeans

Options
  • 12-04-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All, I've realised that I can't avoid buying new clothes much longer as my current jeans are cutting me in half! I'm looking for some reccomendations for good maternity jeans. Which style is better the over the bump or the elasticated pannels? Also can anyone reccomend any good sites to buy online? I like wide leg jeans either flare or boydriend style. Don't mind spending a bit of money if they'll last me till september.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

Hi Tmeos...

I made the mistake of buying the "over the bump" jeans in Next a few weeks ago...in the shop I thought they were great and figured the over the bump would give a bit of "coverage" if a t-shirt wasn't quite long enough...but I found them to be a nightmare to wear!!! Maybe the pair I got were just too big but they always felt like they were falling down, so I got a different pair, again in Next that are just a thick elastic band the whole way around, these (in the same size I might add) and they are great. I'd say the over the bump will be great to have when the bump is alot bigger!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I got a pair in Mothercare, which are over the bump. They take a belt and needed it, but still the top tended to fall down that bit. Even so I found them really comfy and never looked back!
    Def over the bump is great is you're making do with normal tops etc, gives that sense of security that bump not on show!
    Good luck with the shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hiya
    Im 28 weeks tomorrow and boy am i regretting the under the bump jeans now.:rolleyes:
    I work in an office and am sitting down alot and i find the band keeps rolling down..Now i must say i do like my jeans quite high up(Not Simon Cowell style) but its sooo hard getting jeans for a 33 leg with an over the bump panel :( most places do a maternity and tall section but they dont do a tall maternity section :(

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I'm wearing mine for the second time now, dont like the under the bump as much, dorothy perkins are quite small fitting and next are very generous. I have a H&M over the bump pair that I love, but find you have to go up two sizes in there to get them to fit. Today is Mamalicious over the bump, very comfy, I think they are available on Dorothy Perkins website. If you are anywhere near North, Asda have Maternity range, but havent tried their jeans before.

Swizzles wrote: »
    Im 28 weeks tomorrow

WOW... I'm 28 weeks on Saturday :D
    I work in an office and am sitting down alot and i find the band keeps rolling down

I have to agree the front band has started the last week or so to roll down abit alright...I just found the over the bump pair I got, too big around the tops of my legs and really quite annoying but if I could find a better fitting pair of over the bump...I would defo get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hiya
    Im 28 weeks tomorrow and boy am i regretting the under the bump jeans now.:rolleyes:
    I work in an office and am sitting down alot and i find the band keeps rolling down..Now i must say i do like my jeans quite high up(Not Simon Cowell style) but its sooo hard getting jeans for a 33 leg with an over the bump panel :( most places do a maternity and tall section but they dont do a tall maternity section :(

Hey Swizzles, was wondering where u had got to!! How are things going for you?? all well I hope. You must bet getting big now!:p

fi1979 wrote: »
    Hey Swizzles, was wondering where u had got to!! How are things going for you?? all well I hope. You must bet getting big now!:p

Hey Fi
    Moved house and we havent bored to get the internet so i can only get on when stealing work time..Like now :D
    Yup im huge :rolleyes: Well i feel huge..Im laughing coz ive been out of my "normal" jeans since like week 11 :P
    How are things going for you Fi?

Hey Bear
    How are you feeling?You must be due around the 17th July then??

This time next month i have my 32 week visit ..:eek: Its scaring the bejesus out of me its going so fast..
    Sorry for highjacking the thread Tmeos :o but i still remembered something now anyway ..Dorothy perkins down over the bump leggings..At 30 quid there kinda expensive just for leggings but they are sooo worth it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I got non-maternity jeggings (elasticated waist) in Urban Outfitters and they did the job all through my pregnancy; good for wearing after pregnancy too. They have them in most shops atm.

Hey Bear How are you feeling? You must be due around the 17th July then??

Hi Swizzles...I'm due 10th July ... it's our 1st Bear Cub :o
    Feeling fine so far, although I don't think I'm going to be able to stick the heat if it gets any warmer...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

simu wrote: »
    I got non-maternity jeggings (elasticated waist) in Urban Outfitters and they did the job all through my pregnancy; good for wearing after pregnancy too. They have them in most shops atm.

Yep got these in Tesco 14 euro, 1 size up. I think I will be able to attach a bump band to the 3 pairs I have when I get bigger (14 weeks)

• Advertisement

Hi Swizzles...I'm due 10th July ... it's our 1st Bear Cub :o
    Feeling fine so far, although I don't think I'm going to be able to stick the heat if it gets any warmer...

You sure your not further then..Eu mom told me i was 28 weeks on wednesday and im due 14th July :confused:

:D:DFirst bear cub :D:DToo cute !!

I hear ya..The heat is a killer :o i mean its lovely just at night its so hard to sleep.

Oh and for the July mommies there is a group on Facebook Rollercoaster July mtb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Hi Tmeos...

I made the mistake of buying the "over the bump" jeans in Next a few weeks ago...in the shop I thought they were great and figured the over the bump would give a bit of "coverage" if a t-shirt wasn't quite long enough...but I found them to be a nightmare to wear!!! Maybe the pair I got were just too big but they always felt like they were falling down, so I got a different pair, again in Next that are just a thick elastic band the whole way around, these (in the same size I might add) and they are great. I'd say the over the bump will be great to have when the bump is alot bigger!!! :D

I agree about the over the bump ones in Next I bought them and they are so uncomfortable keep having to pull them up. I spent 50 euro on a pair in Debenhams( elasticated at the side) and have worn them loads very comfy.

I was in Mama's and Papas 2 weeks ago and there was 30% off all denims so most jeans were reduced from 60 - 42 euro a good investment. Happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i recently had my 3rd and last(or so my husband hopes) so i didn't bother with maternity clothes..plus the fact that there was not one item of maternity wear to be had in navan and i hate shopping.. i did get some ordinary leggings and when my bump got big i wore them back to front (i discovered this by accident:D) and they fitted perfectly. i bought 1 pair of jeans a size up and got a couple of vests in dunnes.. they're long ones so they well covered my bump under other tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pikku

i bought a pair of over the bump jeans in Jan (Due in August) - like earlier poster said they were so comfy in the shop but turned out to be a total nightmare to wear since - they were way too big, and kept falling down. Was about to chuck them in the bin but a wise friend of mine convinced me they'd fit me later. I was full sure that no way would they - but now that i am coming up to 24 weeks, they are a total godsend.

So hang onto them, even if you are so convinved now that no way will you ever be big enough to fit into them. You probably will be!!

According to the book i have on pregnancy, from week 24 a big growth spurt is to be expected - so now im wondering will they even fit me to the end or not!!!:D

Pikku its true..(29 weeks tomorrow) and i think im growing by the second!!
    Sometimes i think my tops wont fit over my bump ha Hard to imagine what ill be like full term if im this big now :D

I really need to find some over the bump jeans ..Its so hard finding tall over the bump ones though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would usually wear 33inch leg but in skinnys, I'd say a 30" would do me:

http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=176563549&icCategory=cat30100&icSort=-myBestSellerScore

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I wear trousers from mothercare. over the bump, very comfy, my kidneys and belly are safe :) from draft.
    Sometimes I wear extra cotton belt. Actually its summer strapless top from penneys :) and does great job.

Cotton bras don't really support anything and my boobs went crazy :) i'm 3 sizes bigger. Very heavy now.

also I got myself orthopaedic support belt for under belly, and I have to say it works great. it supports heavy belly, (belly doesn't pull down) prevents back pain. good investment. I would not go for soft belt supports, not sure do they help.

but underwear is another problem :)

Advertisement