Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 747 simulation?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭

I've been out of the flightsim loop for a good few years so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good 747 package for FSX?

Is there anything coming close to the Level-D 767? That was (and still is I believe) the most realistic simulation of an airliner to date for MS flight sim. I logged hours and hours with it way back.

I'd love something similar for the 747-400?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

PMDG. I need say no more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The aul PMDG is unbeatable. Its expensive though, 70 euro or so! =O

I got the boxed version for 40 a while back...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

How accurate is it in terms of systems/avionics and FMC to the level-d 767?

EDIT: I think I recall trying this when it first came out for FS2004 and was not too impressed, it gave me the impression of being much simpler than the 767...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

On a systems level its as detailed if not more detailed- they are certainly on par anyway. I've flown the 744 across every continenent and has never failed to impress anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I know of a real life 747-400 pilot who swears by the PMDG addon (for FSX). He regularly uses his for familiarisation with systems and practising emergency procedures from the comfort of his own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Also add my vote to anything PMDG make, its always excellent stuff and very detailed. I will be jumping on the FSX 737 when it comes out.

Advertisement