Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walter Mitty i feel!

• 12-04-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Is this walter mitty behaviour or the real deal?
    link

Discuss this type of martial arts, is it acting, is the lad brain washed, or is it for real?!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Look at his face as he falls, must be a piss take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Its always a sign that whatever a video is showing you is bull when adding comments has been disabled.

Gotta love how the guy falls into a perfect star shape. Reminiscent of the putties in Power Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

He actually doesn't hit the guy. WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Khannie wrote: »
    He actually doesn't hit the guy. WTF?

he hits his arm! thats pressure point stuff at its best!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭scuttery1

cowzerp wrote: »

Wrong, it's better when you don't even have to touch 'em.;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QSKCC0Bds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

cowzerp wrote: »

OOOHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm rollin' around the place here. HAHAHAHAHAH. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Heh. I love it when these come back around. Entertaining every time. Notice that it's the same guy that get's "knocked out" every time.

He should consider nullifying it with his tongue or toe position. Works every time: CLICKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Jesus, the amount of times i've been kicked on the arms and that's never happened.

Maybe he hit his funny bone, cos that was hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

If you want to know the details of how this very legitimate, totally real technique works, you can get his dvd for only £300. http://www.streetwarriorsclub.com/notouch/

I know 300 quid might sound a bit steep, but think of it this way: You could get the dvd, learn the technique and then use it to win a whole bunch of big-league professional MMA, boxing and K1 fights. With the money you make from the fight purses, you'll pay back your initial investment a hundred fold. Not to mention the money you'll make from sponsorship deals.

You make it sound so convincing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

I love how the "unconsciuos" guy BREAKS HIS FALL, rather than bouncing his head on the mats. Although it was quite courteous of the instructor to brush the dirt off his shoulders after having ben on the ground.

I came a cross this a while ago, and I think this thread might be the perfect place for it

I met one of the silat guy's disciples when I lived in Edinburgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

did you train with him Doug

I went to one class.

We were doing this thing where you block a heymaker, then trap the arm and turn it into a chicken-wing hold. It was pretty complicated, but it seemed to be working for my partner and me. Then I decided to just duck the punch instead of blocking it. Lo and behold, my partner precoded to twist himself around as if I was doing the technique. Total autopilot.

We also did some defences against a standing opponent when you're on the ground. It was a bunch of elaborate trips into subs/kill strikes, no time spent working on just getting up quickly while staying covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

scuttery1 wrote: »
    Wrong, it's better when you don't even have to touch 'em.;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QSKCC0Bds

the worst think about that clip is the idiots standing around clapping thinkin its for real :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

LOL it's the same lad both times who is the willing victim.

The power of the mind over the body is amazing to behold, and I odn't mean the "master's" mind, I mean the student's amazing ability to convince himself he's been KOed.

dave80 wrote: »
    the worst think about that clip is the idiots standing around clapping thinkin its for real :eek:

crikey, that's a lot of people buying into this rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If you want to know the details of how this very legitimate, totally real technique works, you can get his dvd for only £300. http://www.streetwarriorsclub.com/notouch/

I know 300 quid might sound a bit steep, but think of it this way: You could get the dvd, learn the technique and then use it to win a whole bunch of big-league professional MMA, boxing and K1 fights. With the money you make from the fight purses, you'll pay back your initial investment a hundred fold. Not to mention the money you'll make from sponsorship deals.

Hmm, I sold my only cow recently for some magic beans. As soon as I get that golden goose, I'm off to buy the dvd.

Have we any people teaching this no-touch stuff in Ireland?

yomchi wrote: »
    Have we any people teaching this no-touch stuff in Ireland?
    There were some Rick Clark seminars being advertised on here a while ago. He's one of George Dillman's guys, but I'm not sure how far down the rabbit hole he's gone.

• Advertisement

There were some Rick Clark seminars being advertised on here a while ago. He's one of George Dillman's guys, but I'm not sure how far down the rabbit hole he's gone.

Na Rick left Dillman donkeys ago. Rick does the pressure points stuff that you have to hit. Even he says himself the no touch stuff is bull. I met him in '05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Well none of them have a patch on this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

strange thing is he lost his powers due to a curse hexed on him by a Japanese peasant women.

RedRaven wrote: »
    Well none of them have a patch on this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

strange thing is he lost his powers due to a curse hexed on him by a Japanese peasant women.

At least that dude had the courage of of his convictions and he stood on the mat to prove it worked, turned out it didn't and he got his face bashed.

I wonder would all the other 'no touch' guys have the courage to do that?

Anyone up for a challenge? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

His stuff looked pretty deadly in fairness. Some of the comments are interesting on the youtube, suggesting that his students believed so totally in chi that the Kiai master actually had control over them. It makes sense in a way.

This angle is more clear. You see that the other fighter wanted to stop the fight and the initial attack but the Kiai master wanted to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Can go one better than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLKkxOVL4n0&NR=1

Really scary stuff, for god sake don't let him look you in the eye. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NUayYnvA0&feature=related

This one has me really confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

I have been pushed by a tai chi chuan master, sifu peter young, felt like being punched in the stomach, was freeky, just put his hand about 6 inches from my chest and knocked me over with out touching me! all that about making them dance around has to be fake, i asked him to try it on me (politely) and he just did a bit of aikido.

da-bres wrote: »
    I have been pushed by a tai chi chuan master, sifu peter young, felt like being punched in the stomach, was freeky, just put his hand about 6 inches from my chest and knocked me over with out touching me! all that about making them dance around has to be fake, i asked him to try it on me (politely) and he just did a bit of aikido.

I hope you have your head guard and your gum shield ready...

• Advertisement

da-bres wrote: »

Wait what? He knocked you over without touching you?

How did you end up meeting this guy, and what was your previous martial-arts experience?

Advertisement