Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 x 500ml cans of Beamish €5!

• 12-04-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

in tescos Naas. bb date- 08/10/10. Reduced from €13, 62c each. Bargain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭BnB

Wow. Anyone know if this is in any Tesco's around Limerick....?

If so, I'll be going home with a boot full of Beamish this evening....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Good stuff, I have never once seen it on offer before, always think it strange that there are so many €1 cans about and it is usually close to €2 yet is normally the cheapest pint by far in a pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

this offer was on about 6 months ago too, I picked up 8 cans-big mistake.

I'm a big stout drinker, love Guinness and in the last couple of years have been drinking a fair bit of Beamish in the pubs-lovely stuff too.

Their cans are a different story, maybe I got a bad batch, or else their canned stuff is just piss ..but every one of those 8 cans I picked up on offer were absolutely terrible, nothing close to a Beamish in the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

just having 2nd can now.. very nice, more of a burnt hop taste off it. very like murphy's and (imo) tastier than the Guinness, good head,smells hearty,very smooth..excellent stout! all down to your own pallet i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

stek wrote: »
    just having 2nd can now.. very nice, more of a burnt hop taste off it. very like murphy's and (imo) tastier than the Guinness, good head,smells hearty,very smooth..excellent stout! all down to your own pallet i guess.

I'm not so sure about your palate mate, I believe Beamish is made from the same roast that Guinness is made from. As a matter of fact they purchased the roast from Guinness themselves.
    However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps things have changed now that Heineken have purchased Beamish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm not so sure about your palate mate, I believe Beamish is made from the same roast that Guinness is made from. As a matter of fact they purchased the roast from Guinness themselves.
    However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps things have changed now that Heineken have purchased Beamish.

What's a roast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Offer not available in Tesco Mahon Point Cork last night.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

cojomo2 wrote: »
    this offer was on about 6 months ago too, I picked up 8 cans-big mistake.

I'm a big stout drinker, love Guinness and in the last couple of years have been drinking a fair bit of Beamish in the pubs-lovely stuff too.

Their cans are a different story, maybe I got a bad batch, or else their canned stuff is just piss ..but every one of those 8 cans I picked up on offer were absolutely terrible, nothing close to a Beamish in the pub...

I couldn't disagree more :)

Guinness in the can is so weak to drink. Beamish in the can(when cold of course) is delicious. You must of got a bad batch assuming you correctly poured the whole thing into the glass in one go unlike some who do a part pour with stout cans(wtf!)!
    The usual 4 cans for five something is surpassed by this offer, will be keeping an eye out, thanks OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cork45 wrote: »
    What's a roast?

roasted malt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

cork45 wrote: »
    What's a roast?

roast_goose_potatoes_stuffing_what_wine.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

raddo wrote: »
    Offer not available in Tesco Mahon Point Cork last night.:(

Had a look tonite , afraid nothing tonite.

Advertisement