Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund & re-book cheaper flight with Aer Lingus

Options
  • 12-04-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Last week I purchases a flight with aer lingus for ~€300.

Just today I received a promotional email from them about savings on certain routes. After pricing out the exact same flight now, it comes to about ~€200.

Do you know if I have any options with regard to getting a refund or credit from aer lingus and rebooking the cheaper flight?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You booked a non refundandable ticket (most likely based on your ticket price); you will not get enough back to make up the 100 EUR difference between handling fees and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

unlikely it seems, if they're gonna charge an arm and a leg for just correcting name mispelt, you do the math.

As far as I know (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong), you can claim back tax for ticket that you didn't use but it's a lot of hassle so it might not be worth it.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

lau1247 wrote: »
    As far as I know (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong), you can claim back tax for ticket that you didn't use but it's a lot of hassle so it might not be worth it.
    Minus a 50 or 60 EUR handling fee if memory serves...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 9thbit

Ya it looks like I'll just have to stick with what I've got. Thanks for the info anyway.

Advertisement