Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Time of Year Again!

Options
  • 12-04-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭

At 12.24, person beside me leaves library, it is now 13.54 and still no sign of a return. Thats right, its EXAM TIME!

So how is everyone set? All assignments done, or are ye wallowing away with these in the library presently(like me)? Or even better, are ye lounging soaking up the sun that will no doubt disappear come May 15th?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I currently want to slap the assclown who is taking up a plug space on the fourth floor in the JJ. He has been looking at youtube and Magic The Gathering cards for the last half hour......

My battery life is slowly dwindling....... >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Worst are the people who sit at plug spaces, but don't even have a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Even worse are the ones who eat really loudly. Or bite their nails loudly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If a plugged in laptop is unoccupied for say more than 20 minutes near me I always unplug it and use the plug myself.

Sure its gotten me a few dirty looks from a member or two of the tango brigade but feck it. Suprised more people don't just do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LC_ugh

I dont even bother going to the library around this time of year. I find it easier to work in the daedalus building. You should try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

pithater1 wrote: »
    If a plugged in laptop is unoccupied for say more than 20 minutes near me I always unplug it and use the plug myself.

Sure its gotten me a few dirty looks from a member or two of the tango brigade but feck it. Suprised more people don't just do this.

It's easier to come on boards and moan about it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Working from home is so much less stressful than dealing with all this bull****. All the coffee I can handle and no tango brigade. :)

Each of the plug spaces on the 4th floor have two sockets so if you get one of the seats at the side you can always ask the person on the corner to let you use theirs.
    It's just about the only way I ever get around those people who come in at 9 and plant their books there for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

LC_ugh wrote: »
    I dont even bother going to the library around this time of year. I find it easier to work in the daedalus building. You should try it

Not anymore, my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

pithater1 wrote: »

Last time I removed somebody's plug I got a very friendly "I wish I had a knife on me" look. What a pleasant chap, sure he was only gone for 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

dyl10 wrote: »
    Not anymore, my friend ;)

What??:eek: Don't say that, you panic me, explain??:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Fad wrote: »
    I currently want to slap the assclown who is taking up a plug space on the fourth floor in the JJ. He has been looking at youtube and Magic The Gathering cards for the last half hour......

My battery life is slowly dwindling....... >_<

Yeah, why go onto those ****ty sites when you always have facebook like! This is what half of the people in the library do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

LC_ugh wrote: »

But I always end up stitting on stools!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just come in to do my D: face since this will very likely to be my last exams of the degree!!!

D:D:D:D:D:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's not just the Library. Yesterday, in the computer room in the Science Hub, there was a PC logged in with no-one in sight, a YouTube clip on the screen, and a bag on the chair. Then some bloke came in, opened up a Chemistry PDF, then buggered off again.

All this while people are queuing at the door for a computer. I mean, if I hadn't been so busy on Twitter, I'd have felt obliged to free up the one I was using ... ;)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

does anyone study at home? as much coffee and food as you can buy from tesco instead of getting ripped off by 911.
    i will say though going to the library has the major adv of being able to
    ask my far more in the know classmates wat the f**k is goin on and wat does this
    module title mean!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm gonna be in Thesis Contry soon, and I'll either be in Daedalus or at home but not in the JJL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I'm gonna be in Thesis Contry soon, and I'll either be in Daedalus or at home but not in the JJL.
    I hope it's not in English :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Arr I'm tired and over - used to spellcheck.

Advertisement