Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Restaurant for 2nd Date?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hiya Lads and Ladies,
    Looking for some advice on a decent chinese restaurant in dublin preferably southside, some where nice that we could go for a few drink afterwards to somewhere near.

Im never fussy when eatin in town usually a zaytoon man ;)

Somewhere a bit different would be great if anyone had any advice?

Thanks!!
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

What about "Yo Thai" in Donnybrook?

Ring and reserve a "hot plate / chef's cooking table" (don't know the actual name for it) where the guy cooks in front of you. Quality food, plus any awkward moments of silence when you're working out what to say next can be passed off as moments of watching the chef doing all his tricks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

sounds like a great idea! :D thanks... but just checked the web and its closed down :(

Is there anymore in and around the centre like this would yous know?

Weird, didn't know that.

Well anyway it's also in Stillorgan. And it's actually a nicer layout anyway.

its a bit far distance wise for me .. sorry for bein a pain appreciate the help though!! we be coming from ballyfermot so would be nice to get somewhere in centre of town!!

again thanks for the help !!

No worries, hope it ends well for ye! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Ring and reserve a "hot plate / chef's cooking table" (don't know the actual name for it) where the guy cooks in front of you. Quality food, plus any awkward moments of silence when you're working out what to say next can be passed off as moments of watching the chef doing all his tricks ;)

Chai Yo on Baggot St does something similar. See
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055122637
    and
    http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/chai_yo.aspx

might check that out! looks nice! thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

neil_hosey wrote: »
    might check that out! looks nice! thanks!

what about the mongolian bbq in templebar ?

mongolian barbeque oh ye !! thats a good shout. Looks brilliant and is a bit funky, seems like the way to go i think. Loads of places for a few drinks after aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

The Crystal boat. A New chinese down beside the " grand canal theatre"
    Its facing the Ocean bar.
    Good reviews locally, and you have a few bars nearby, Ely HQ and Ocean Bar.
    Might be nice if the weather is good.

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-crystalboat/menu

• Advertisement

thanks chef.. i will keep my options open then at this stage. would be nice there in good weather was checkin the location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Chai Yo is not bad but its mostly a show you go for, the cook pulls gimicky little tricks on ya etc etc.

They do fried ice cream though, which is interesting.

If your looking for good food, try Goodworld and ask for the chinese menu, its very nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The only place in town I'd ever go for a Chinese is Charming Noodle on Parnell street. Its not your typical rosemantic restaurant but the food is yummy and theres a lovely chilled atmosphere which is perfect for a second date. If your not into posh,pretentious,expensive restaurants then this is the place for you.

I went there on a second date once and we ended up getting really pissed
    on cheap pitchers in the Hop House after the meal and gatecrashed a karoke party full of Polish builders upstairs in some random bar on Parnell street. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Try the Good World on George's Street.

thanks for all the suggestions lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Koh (although Thai, not Chinese) on the Millennium Walkway is very good. They have pre- and post- theatre menus which give you a 3-course dinner for 20 euro, but if the times don't suit then their full menu isn't expensive either. There's surely somewhere on or near the Millennium Walkway you could go for a drink too.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

If you're looking for an authentic chinese restaurant Good World and New Millennium in town are a definite hit ! Remember to ask for a 'real chinese menu' and not the ole curry and black bean menu !!

Pattaya in Clondalkin, pretty close to Ballyfermot, is another top notch authentic chinese restaurant :)

The Imperial on wicklow street is a really nice chinese restaurant. Always a good sign when lots of chinese people eat there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Imperial on wicklow street is a really nice chinese restaurant. Always a good sign when lots of chinese people eat there!

Down beside tower records? ten years ago it was great, was in there about 2 years ago and you might as well have gone to a chinese takeaway..the food was muck, microwaved and thrown at you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Imperial has decent lunch deals..food's okay, wouldn't go there for a dinner.

I second New Millenium.- beside the Gaeity. Always full of Chinese people, gorgeous, gorgeous food. Not a fan of their chicken dishes though- just the beef but I only get takeaways from it so could be different. Pubs, well you're almost on top of Sinnotts for one.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Down beside tower records? ten years ago it was great, was in there about 2 years ago and you might as well have gone to a chinese takeaway..the food was muck, microwaved and thrown at you

That's the one.

Haven't been there in a while. Was a great chinese, pity!

Yeh I will give a vote to the New Millenium place, didn't know that's what it was called but have never had a bad meal in it.

Advertisement