Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gettin old forecasts from Magic seaweed

Options
  • 12-04-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys, not sure if you can do this, but just wondering if anyone knows if you can get old forecasts from magicseaweed. Presumably there is somewhere where these things are cached for a while on the site?

Been keeping a bit of a surf log but just wanted to know what the 'predicted' conditions were yesterday but never got to check it. Or if anyone can remember what MSW predicted for Inch beach yesterday between 12 and 5pm or so?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

i emailed magicseaweed for the same reason a few months ago and got the following response
    "The forecast pages are built and cached for expediency which means that the previous days are not currently available.

However, you can see the previous day's swell, period and wind charts for a specific region. Go to http://magicseaweed.com/Cork-Area-Surf-Report/54/detailedLongRange/uk/ and click on one of the chart animations.

The full size chart page has a drop down that will allow you to specify a start time. Once selected, the page will show the animation starting from the specified date. I agree that this is not entirely what you are after but hope that it may help on the days that you do not have an opportunity to record the forecast"

hope this helps , it didnt really help me

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Windguru.com

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Psydeshow

Windguru.com
    Nice one for that, pretty handy that they keep the basic info on there.
    Still learning to read the forecasts properly for myself. Find keeping the log is helping a lot but actually gettin down to reading charts is the next step. I'm sure all those colours and swirly things will make sense soon.

Advertisement