Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling Night! Which night suits you?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

So it is time for us to go bowling again as I mentioned yesterday (also a good event to have for the new people who have expressed interest in coming along), at the last bowling night we had 12 people!! plus an additional 4 at the pub afterwards...

So go ahead and pick a night :)

It will be at 8.30 / 9pm in the Leisureplex on McCurtain St (an alcohol free zone for anyone who doesn't like the pub scene).

Which night suits you? 33 votes

Monday 19th
    0%
    Tuesday 20th
    9%
    kingtutAinurocky2010 3 votes
    Wednesday 21st
    9%
    kingtutAinurocky2010 3 votes
    Thursday 22nd
    9%
    oebcolblimpkingtut 3 votes
    Friday 23rd
    12%
    colblimpkingtutAinurocky2010 4 votes
    Saturday 24th
    27%
    corkcompsleepyescapadecontenttypescolblimpDonnaghmkingtutAinustevexorocky2010 9 votes
    Sunday 25th
    15%
    sleepyescapadekingtutAinustevexorocky2010 5 votes
    I would love to go but I am not free that week.
    9%
    sleepyescapadeAinurocky2010 3 votes
    I hate bowling! I'll go for drinks after though (if you do go for them).
    9%
    WebmonkeysmileysurferKathleenF 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Just to let you know.
    For this month the mardkye are doing a James Bond themed night on Fridays.
    Cocktails 2 for price of 1.

But perhaps the coolest thing(I assume it's every friday). Half of the time before you go to take a shot, it will flash up on the screen saying you get a free drink if you throw a strike on this shot.

Great motivation, got two free drinks last friday in a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Saturday 24th
    babo9 wrote: »
    Just to let you know.

But perhaps the coolest thing(I assume it's every friday). Half of the time before you go to take a shot, it will flash up on the screen saying you get a free drink if you throw a strike on this shot.

oh yes, the two for one was great last Friday night:D (pity about Saturday morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Wont know for another few days what days Im free but if Im free Ill attend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

Saturday 24th
    ok here i am...posting...been told im lurking too much and i need to make myself known! lol thanks king.....so here i am! fri nite please 4 d bowlin?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sunday 25th
    babo9 wrote: »
    Just to let you know.

Thanks for the tip we availed of the 2 for 1 on Friday night!
    The bowling however is in the Leisureplex :) you coming?

Sounds good sure vote when you do know! Thanks!
    imageworks wrote: »
    ok here i am...posting...been told im lurking too much and i need to make myself known! lol thanks king.....so here i am! fri nite please 4 d bowlin?!!!

You are learning, I am impressed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Thursday 22nd
    Keep in mind that there are a fair few of us who can't make it on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

there are only few things that im worst at than pool and one of them would be bowling....but id come anyway if im free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Saturday 24th
    Ainu wrote: »
    there are only few things that im worst at than pool and one of them would be bowling....

Ah, you'll beat me, I'm rubbish at bowling... :D:cool:

Saturday 24th
    Hey you guys better not be too competitive with this cos i'll be happy if the ball stays in my lane!!

• Advertisement

Hey you guys better not be too competitive with this cos i'll be happy if the ball stays in my lane!!

normally they have these things for children, the ones you put on the sides of the lane... i thought about getting some of these....:D

Sunday 25th
    oeb wrote: »
    Keep in mind that there are a fair few of us who can't make it on weekends.

I have that in mind don't worry, however there are a fair few of us who can make it weekends (just for clarity I am one of the people who much prefers to meet during the week).

At the moment the most popular day is the Friday however it can be hard to judge with people not putting in a sold vote until closer to the time.

If the need arises I'll have the bowling on two nights (say Wednesday and Friday), I did this in the past and we had a decent number on both nights.
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    +1

Yay! You are going to lose again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

kingtut wrote: »
    I have that in mind don't worry, however there are a fair few of us who can make it weekends (just for clarity I am one of the people who much prefers to meet during the week).

At the moment the most popular day is the Friday however it can be hard to judge with people not putting in a sold vote until closer to the time.

If the need arises I'll have the bowling on two nights (say Thursday and Friday), I did this in the past and we had a decent number on both nights.

Yay! You are going to lose again :P
    ya ya whatever..... :rolleyes: The only thing i know bout this is I definately cannot make the Thurs or the Fri cos i've a wedding on the Fri at home.

Sunday 25th
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    ya ya whatever..... :rolleyes: The only thing i know bout this is I definately cannot make the Thurs or the Fri cos i've a wedding on the Fri at home.

Why do you think I put Wednesday and not Thursday ;)

Hope no-one spots the edit...

Saturday 24th
    Ainu wrote: »
    normally they have these things for children, the ones you put on the sides of the lane... i thought about getting some of these....:D

good call....we'll have to share them ;)

Saturday 24th
    I might need them too! Not sure If I am around or not though. I tend to either get a full strike, or the ball ends up in the lane next door, no in between :o:pac:

Saturday 24th
    corkcomp wrote: »
    I might need them too! Not sure If I am around or not though. I tend to either get a full strike, or the ball ends up in the lane next door, no in between :o:pac:
    hopefully then by the law of averages ul end up wit a decent score.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just to let ye know. In leisureplex they will only put up the bumpers for kids no matter how much you ask them....

Saturday 24th
    Just to let ye know. In leisureplex they will only put up the bumpers for kids no matter how much you ask them....

damn .. at least its an alcohol free zone though (unless the usual suspects fancy a pre bowling drink:p)

Saturday 24th
    rite so who's gonna volunteer to lie down either side while i throw??!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

rite so who's gonna volunteer to lie down either side while i throw??!!

Get me one of these & I'm game. :pac:
    prototype-this-06-airbag.jpg

mudokon wrote: »
    Get me one of these & I'm game. :pac:
    prototype-this-06-airbag.jpg

but then i cant bowl at all because i love to burst the bubbles on bubblefoil...

Saturday 24th
    ok so thats the suggestion for the next nite out! some lucky person in one of these...mudokon u volunteered!.....everybody else gets to burst your bubble all nite! lol....couple shots and i reckon its a good nite planned!!

ok so thats the suggestion for the next nite out! some lucky person in one of these...mudokon u volunteered!.....everybody else gets to burst your bubble all nite! lol....couple shots and i reckon its a good nite planned!!

+1 :D

Sunday 25th
    Anyone else going to vote?...

If not I'll send an invite later for Wednesday 21st and Friday 23rd... (looking at the current votes and comments picking these two days ensures anyone who voted so far can make at least 1 night).

2 nights of bowling equals 2 times the fun :D

Saturday 24th
    Just cast my vote there.. I actually thought it was this Friday - /facepalm:D

Sunday 25th
    BOWLING DATES PICKED!

Ok so bowling will be on two dates which are follows (reason for two dates is because not everyone can go to weekend meetups - by all means go to both if you wish):

Night 1
    Wednesday 21st April - 9pm at the Leisureplex on McCurtain Street.

Night 2
    Friday 23th April - 9pm at the Leisureplex on McCurtain Street.

To anyone who is a member of the facebook group I'll set up an invite shortly.

If anyone needs a contact number send me a PM.

Sunday 25th
    Don't forget bowling on Wednesday and Friday! All are welcome.

9pm at the Leisureplex on McCurtain St on both nights.

PM me if you need my number.

Sunday 25th
    Ok so far for bowling on Wed we have:

Definite:
    kingtut
    nursemar88
    colblimp

Maybe:
    oeb
    H3llr4ser
    Webmonkey (prob not going due to ash :()

Anyone else? (I'll do the same thing on Thursday for the Friday meetup so if you are only going to the Friday one there is no need to tell me until then.

If you need a number send me a PM (private message for the new people).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭lukin

I'll come on the Wed nite folks (I've accepted your facebook invite Alan, thanks). Doubt if I'll be able to make the Friday though.

Advertisement