Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mintex Brake sets

Options
  • 12-04-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me a place to get the above for a 2001 Mondeo?

Preferably in Cork or somewhere they have realistic P&P charges. Have tried ebay but they don't deliver here.

Anyone got any ideas or failing that recommend me another brand of brake pad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,451 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Top Part in Unit 17 Togher Industrial Estate should have them. I got Mintex pads in my local TopPart, presume they all use the same suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cheers will check them out today.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Ive gotten mintex pads from premier auto parts pouladuff industrial estate in the past but they had to order them in specially and took a day or two to come down from dublin. Their main pad supplier are Apec, stay well away from them!

Cheers , I had rang premier yesterday but they didn't stock ones for Mondeo so I presume the price they gave me was for Apec ones, thanks for the heads up.

Anybody fit these themselves? anything I should be aware of, difficult etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Is there any reason you want Mintex only?

There are many other 'decent' brands of pads, and of course, the sh1te brands

• Advertisement

No, see last line of my OP. Any recommendations for other brands?

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Try Eurdiesel & Electrical, 021-4315808. I put Ferodo on my 06 Mondeo and have no problems, no squeks and plenty of milage on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I recommend EBC brakes for cost/performance/longevity ratio!!.

These are IMO a notch below Brembo and are far superior to the generic brands.

Cheapest place is good old www.Camskill.co.uk (who also do Mintex and Feredo)

For the correct part number, go here: www.ebcbrakesdirect.com

In camskill, go here for the EBC stuff: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m31b0s0p0.

Im running the turbo-groove discs and greenstuff pads on my car, much improved stopping power!!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Top Part in Unit 17 Togher Industrial Estate should have them. I got Mintex pads in my local TopPart, presume they all use the same suppliers.

No longer in existence in Cork, rang Clonmel instead and they are getting me a price.

Cheers for all the advise, keep it coming.

MC

Top Part Clonmel came back with €220 inc VAT for:

Rear & Front Pads
    Rear Discs
    Oil, Air & Fuel Filter
    2 x Rear Suspension Links

Good price? Don't yet have a breakdown of what brands etc as they are e-mailing that on to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Anybody fit these themselves? anything I should be aware of, difficult etc?

They're a doddle really - only thing to be careful about is that the drivers side rear piston winds in on an anti-clockwise thread.

Had read that, is it that the piston turns as it comes out of the pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,451 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you should do rear pads when you're getting the discs.

Thats a Roger, you have to do it, it would be stupid not to, ruin a new set of discs in no time if not.

MC

Advertisement