Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-position child abuse combined thread outside christianity corner

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭scienceoverBS

can anybody please tell me as we all seem the know the ins and outs of the forum here.why posts with valid points are deleted. its a simple question.

PDN wrote: »
    The upheaval is about Irlandese and another poster getting increasingly personal to the point where it was threatening the possibility of any sensible discussion in the thread. I currently have PMs in my Inbox from the other party (a rather diehard and dogmatic Catholic) complaining about how nasty I've been to him as well.

Our opinion on the Christianity Forum is that the issue of Clerical child abuse is serious enough to warrant a thread where serious discussion can take place. We are aware that it is an emotive subject and a lot of people are angry - and tbh we've let a few posts slide by that would normally be judged as breaching our Charter's guidelines on inappropriate language. But turning that thread into a grudge match, or needling, between two posters is not helpful to anyone.

It was already pointed out to Irlandese earlier today that, if he found the Charter and moderation of the Christianity forum to be too restrictive, then he could post in A&A or even After Hours.

Btw, Irlandese has now been banned for a week for continual backseat modding despite a number of public warnings posted in that thread by myself and my fellow mod.

i take it the other die hard and dogmatic catholic your referring to is me. your by all means more than welcome to post that pm if you like. i dont think i said you were nasty to me in that at all .oh well if this is how this site is being run im out of here. i got a good life to live .peace and long life to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm not sure I have anything new to add. I've outlined why Irlandese was warned about the use of "friend" in his posts, and provided examples of people who found it irksome. I've admitted that the anger in my deleted post was not helpful, but it then again it was only up for a minute before I withdrew it. (That we are still talking about it suggests that conflict resolution is not desired.) I've also outlined why I deleted the one and only post (see the "14.48" post PDN copied in upon request) - it broke the 11th rule of the charter and it also said nothing about the subject matter of the thread. Finally, I have expressed my personal annoyance at what has been the implied by Irlandese with regards to the motives behind the decisions both of us mods have made in relation to the thread.

Frankly, I rather mystified as to what the problem is and a little taken-aback at the strong reaction from Irlandese. Whatever about starting a thread here (it's my first, btw!), I'm left wondering why there was a need to air grievances in the A&A forum. Anyway, given the strong misgivings Irlandese holds about both PDN and myself, I suspect that his choice to exclude himself from the forum wont save us all a little bit of heartache.

I'm not sure I have anything new to add. I've outlined why Irlandese was warned about the use of "friend" in his posts, and provided examples of people who found it irksome. I've admitted that the anger in my deleted post was not helpful, but it then again it was only up for a minute before I withdrew it. (That we are still talking about it suggests that conflict resolution is not desired.) I've also outlined why I deleted the one and only post (see the "14.48" post PDN copied in upon request) - it broke the 11th rule of the charter and it also said nothing about the subject matter of the thread. Finally, I have expressed my personal annoyance at what has been the implied by Irlandese with regards to the motives behind the decisions both of us mods have made in relation to the thread.

Frankly, I rather mystified as to what the problem is and a little taken-aback at the strong reaction from Irlandese. Whatever about starting a thread here (it's my first, btw!), I'm left wondering why there was a need to air grievances in the A&A forum. Anyway, given the strong misgivings Irlandese holds about both PDN and myself, I suspect that his choice to exclude himself from the forum wont save us all a little bit of heartache.

listen this whole thing was not handled in the way it should have been. giving the topic as mods you should have realized that. also banning irlandse is just what i was expecting from both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

i take it the other die hard and dogmatic catholic your referring to is me. your by all means more than welcome to post that pm if you like. i dont think i said you were nasty to me in that at all .oh well if this is how this site is being run im out of here. i got a good life to live .peace and long life to you all.

Eh? Sensitive or what?

No, it wasn't you, unless you're posting under multiple names? :confused:

• Advertisement

listen this whole thing was not handled in the way it should have been. giving the topic as mods you should have realized that. also banning irlandse is just what i was expecting from both of you.

Can't please everybody!

:(

PDN wrote: »
    Eh? Sensitive or what?

No, it wasn't you, unless you're posting under multiple names? :confused:

well it is a sensitive issue and no im not posting under other names. i think you know that .

Can't please everybody!

:(

you could at least try a little.

you could at least try a little.

No deal :pac:

Seriously though, by that you mean "please you". I only have a vague recollection of who you are - a guy who had one post deleted.

::Edit::

You didn't even have a post deleted in this incident, so I'm unsure as to why you posting here.

No deal

Seriously, though, by that you mean "please you". I only have a vague recollection of who you are - a guy who had one post deleted.

just to please you , this is getting playground now , good day sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

just stepped back in,
    this argument has got legs
    just because someone got angry that another called him/her friend(childish)
    i know many reasons to be angry
    that is not one of them.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP, if you continually called me "friend" I would be right ****ed off with you.
    It's patronising and comes across as insincere. It's almost as bad as people who leave "xxx" at the end of every post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Magenta wrote: »
    OP, if you continually called me "friend" I would be right ****ed off with you.
    It's patronising and comes across as insincere. It's almost as bad as people who leave "xxx" at the end of every post.

If they did it to everyone then you might forgive it as merely being an annoying mannerism. But doing it just to be a wum is not conducive to keeping a thread flowing smoothly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement