Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW do you study?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm actually having so much trouble getting motivated to study. And when i do sit down to study, i realise i don't actually know how to. Ive tried reading things over and over, reading then writing down what i remeber the next day it's just gone out of head! :( I honestly don't think i have studied before this year haha. I'm so unorganiesed and i just don't know how to get started!

Anyone have any good techniques for studying and learning off essays and things like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

For things like science and maths i try to learn a chapter and then do every question on the past exam papers that's come up on it, then correct it on the marking scheme. It helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Well it really depends on the person.
    I can't really tell you how to study because it might not work for you but I'll tell you how I study anyway..
    Usually I read over the chapter briefly and maybe focus on the parts where I find most difficult. Afterwards I just go straight to the papers and practice questions. I then look up the marking schemes online and check if I'm doing it right and what is needed to get the marks. Sometimes I even hand it up to my teacher and if I had any problems I'd ask the teacher.
    For essays, I just read over them, I don't learn them off word for word though. I just read over them but I make sure I understand what I'm reading because in my opinion, it is impossible, for example, learning off german essays and not knowing what it means.
    For English, I just read over the essays I've done throughout the year and also read over notes. For the other languages, I learn certain sentences off, you know, those "filler" sentences and yeah read over. I know I'm very repetitive, but reading does work for me! :P

Anyway hope this helps!
    Don't worry about being disorganised, you're not the only one, I'm very bad myself. Maybe a study plan? hm..I might try that actually. haha
    Good luck with study. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

If you're using Eircom, I highly recommend using their Study Hub. It's perfect when you just don't know where to start.
    What it is, is it's a FREE service, that lets you access lots of different videos made by highly skilled teachers on any given subject. They go through how to answer questions, and give a Model Answer. It's amazing if you're just sitting on your computer bored, just stare at a half hour video and you'll gain so much, I know I did.

It can be found hyar! https://secure.eircom.net/apps/education/login.htm

Advertisement