Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats my car worth?

• 12-04-2010 3:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Lads gonna be putting my beloved Alfa up for sale shortly but no idea as to it's value really, it's a 2004 Alfa 156 1.9 JTD Diesel with 60,000 on the clock, NCT'd until 01/2011 and full service history including all receipts for any other work (even tyres LOL)

I'm guessing asking about €7,000 given that other petrol 156s with higher mileage and same year are asking about €6,000 - €6,500 and there seems to be a rarity of a diesel Alfas for sale.

What would those in the trade think? (and please lets not turn this into an Alfa bashing thread thanks)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

It really depends on the condition of it more than anything I think. Alfa's seem to be a car that certain people want and they want them in good condition. I looked at a good few and I would definitely have been willing to pay up €1500 more for a car if it was clean than one that was tatty. There are some wrecks out there so I'd have no problem paying considerably more for one that was spotless than a wreck.

If its immaculate I think €6,500 is reasonable. It should definitely get offers at that price anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Book value is €5,800 for a Lusso, €6,200 for a Ti - with 94,000 miles. Mileage adjustment should be €75 per 1,000 miles which takes it to minimum €8,350 - which I think everyone would agree is a bit on the optomistic side.

If it's in good nick, I could see someone paying €6,500 - €7,000 for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

R.O.R wrote: »
    Book value is €5,800 for a Lusso, €6,200 for a Ti - with 94,000 miles. Mileage adjustment should be €75 per 1,000 miles which takes it to minimum €8,350 - which I think everyone would agree is a bit on the optomistic side.

cheers that was roughly my thinking and the car is in very good nick bar 2 small paintwork scrapes as I've obsessively cared for it LOL and the Alfa is a Veloce 156 if that makes much of difference.

I'll throw it up for 7k and hope for the best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

miju wrote: »
    cheers that was roughly my thinking and the car is in very good nick bar 2 small paintwork scrapes as I've obsessively cared for it LOL and the Alfa is a Veloce 156 if that makes much of difference.

I'll throw it up for 7k and hope for the best :)

Veloce was €1,200 cheaper than the Lusso when new, so it makes it worth a bit less than the Lusso - but as pointed out before, a well cared for Veloce will make more than a Ti in rag order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

R.O.R wrote: »

Cant see it myself. I dont think it'll make much more than €4500 TBH.

Nice car but they're just not trusted enough plus you can buy some rock steady diesel cars of the same age with the same mileage for 5 Grand these days.

Good luck wth the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I think there was a guy on here recently looking for a GT...check thro some of the posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I think there was a guy on here recently looking for a GT...check thro some of the posts

:confused:

I saw a guy on here a few weeks ago and he was looking for a puppy. Maybe he should contact him about that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Cant see it myself. I dont think it'll make much more than €4500 TBH.

Nice car but they're just not trusted enough plus you can buy some rock steady diesel cars of the same age with the same mileage for 5 Grand these days.

Good luck wth the sale.

cheers :) Not that I'm doubting you but I'm struggling to find a 2003-2005 diesel for €5,000 with anything near my mileage. Link to carzone search here and CBG.ie search is turning up only 14 results which are all vans.

Not trying to be finicky / looking to argue the point I genuinely just wanna make sure I price the car well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

samsemtex wrote: »
    :confused:

I saw a guy on here a few weeks ago and he was looking for a puppy. Maybe he should contact him about that too.

He was finding it difficult to find one, thats all ya smart a$$ :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

miju wrote: »
    cheers :) Not that I'm doubting you but I'm struggling to find a 2003-2005 diesel for €5,000 with anything near my mileage. Link to carzone search here and CBG.ie search is turning up only 14 results which are all vans.

Not trying to be finicky / looking to argue the point I genuinely just wanna make sure I price the car well.

All them cars on car zone are ridiculously overpriced I cant see you getting the money you are looking for tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement