Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a quiz to my website?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Greetings all,

I've been lurking here for a while but this is my first post.

I’m looking to publish a quiz on a website. I’ve noticed several websites which will allow you to make your own quiz and embed it on your site or else generate the actual HTML code.

So far I haven’t found any of these that allow me to format my quiz in the way I want.

What I’m looking to do:

My questions are all picture related and I want to format them in a table format so 4 equally sized pictures, with questions below. There will 8 rows altogether with 32 questions in total.

Below each picture is a text input box and a button to check answer. The user fills in the text input box with the answer and clicks the button to check if it’s correct.

If the answer is right ‘Correct’ is displayed either over the picture or below the button and text input box. A total box somewhere would also be nice.

How can I program the above myself?

What language can I program the above in for use in my web browser. I’m competent on the web design but not sure what language would be best for programming the questions and answers.

I’ve had some exposure to Java and vb.net and would consider myself at novice level for both. – could I write above in these?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

If you aren't concerned about people cheating (by looking at the page source), then I think it'd be fairly handy to do in javascript.
    Otherwise I'd say php/asp/whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Freddio

Leading on from donkey - if you don't want the page to reload every time you click something - use javascript

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 happyeric

Hi,

I am not an expert in computer language, but I don't think it is the only way to make quizzes with these complex codes. You can use some quiz software. I use QuizCreator. It has a question type called "fill in the blanks". u can use this function.

I've read your requirements. Must there be four in a team of questions? Can u make it one per each. Look like the following:
    4516741716_eb080e3db9_m.jpg
    picture + text box , and when click "submit", it will show feedback like " right","wrong", etc which you can custmize.

I think it is a good way. u can try the quiz maker software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wonderful_web

Thanks for all the advice folks, plenty to keep me busy!

Advertisement